Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install a welcome light that switches on when door is open. My problem is to figure out what's the best way to take the wire from door panel to ceiling light connector.

Before messing with every thing I first tried whether I can make use of ceiling light circuit to light up the LED. As show in [ceiling-light.jpg] In the connector if you tap 1st & 2nd with the LED it lights up when you open the door and shuts off with door closed. So my plan is to attach the LED to the wires coming to 1st and 2nd connectors.

Then I removed the door panel to see where I can fix the light. As in [WP_20170115_003.jpg] there is a small square at the bottom of the panel (which I think is for the door light) so that is where I am planning to fix the light.

Now the problem is to take the wires from the door to the ceiling. Only place I can see some wires going from door to inside is with a wire-harness as shown in [WP_20170115_004.jpg] But I don't think I can get it done that way cause it's very difficult to run a wire through it.

Can anyone give me some good alternatives where to run the wires from door panel to the inside of the car? Once it's inside i can run the wire to the ceiling without any issues.

BTW. I have the complete circuit diagram and service manual from the company to Honda Insight. I can share it with anyone who is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Isn't it easier to just run a wire from an always hot fuse (+) in the fuse box and another to the driver's side door switch (goes to ground when door is open)?

Done.

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
cmon Sam, you need another cup of coffee. (goes to ground when for is open)?
That's the best way to wire the circuit, why make it complicated.?

Take care
Willie

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
C'mon Willie, the phone types what the phone wants.

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
No spellcheck or grammer? I though the new phones were "purfect".

HEE Hee.
Willie

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
No spellcheck or grammer? I though the new phones were "purfect".

HEE Hee.
Willie
Nope. I'm not actually "typing" anything... it's a swipe keyboard where you "draw" a picture of the word over the keyboard and the output is kind of "fuzzy logic."

You should see some of the funny stuff that comes out when you try to do user names.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
My thought on this is that the European Insights have some sort of courtesy light that shines under the door? Perhaps there is a wiring diagram for that in the electrical troubleshooting PDF posted around here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys even though I take a always hot fuse and the other to door switch I still needs to take a wire from door LED light in the door into the cabin right? That's where I am kind of confused.

The image in [WP_20170115_004.jpg] shows how the stock wires get into the car from the door. Can I take my wire through the same route? I have seen people are talking about wire runners.

Is there a way to do it without wire runners since I don't have one. Seems a difficult task to get the wire like 6 inches through it without that tool :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts