Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY FE average for my 90 mile commute was 90mpg one day earlier this week - my car is much more economical since its service last week (due primarily to the correct oil - and maybe the new plugs help). I reckon I can improve on this and will keep you posted. I run the car as standard without increased tire pressure :D

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Go ahead and increase your tire pressure, and you will notice an even better mpg on your trip.

I did it bit by bit when I first tried it, but now I leave them at 50 psi (the stock tires). I have never had a problem with them at that pressure. It makes a big difference!

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's very impressive - makes me want an Insight even more now...
Your figures are certainly better than what the previous owner got.

I'd like to know what other UK Insight owners are averaging under specific conditions. Anyone?

·
Registered
106 Posts
To further this Best Yet subject I would like to announce my personal Best Yet round trip average of 103 mpg over 29 miles. I got this yesterday. The temperature outside made it all the way up to 70 degrees and there was a slow poke going the speed limit in front of me both ways. I only used the assist a few times on some steep hills, but otherwise kept it to a minimum (well maybe it was minimum since assist is required for the hills). I had a big smile on my face when I got home.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Jack, Sunhunter's mileage is roughly 124 miles to the Imperial gallon! Whoa!

I have never done that myself. My personal best was 87 MPG US or roughly 104 to the Imperial gallon on a 110 mile round trip.

That's my idea of a good drive. :D

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just to clarify that this was 90mpg imperial (I assume UK cars are calibrated to imperial and US/Canadian cars to US gallon and included two cold starts

:D

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Yup , it is very confusing for us colonials north of the US. We are all supposed to think like Europeans in litres of petrol and such.

We sell our milk in clear plastic bags containing 1.3333 litres. Refered to as a "bag" of milk. Perhaps the Bag will eventually become a standard of measure. Since we describe distance in hours, "It's three and a half hours to Montreal from here", eventually we could rate our cars in Bags/Hour.
:roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts