Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hello Matt,

Please. I need the schematic for the micro bd. I need to know if the brown wire works with the black wire to provide slow speed. The red and black only seems to provide high speed. I can only use them if I use a switch to minimize hi speed when I'm in charger mode, ( no engine ). You built this thing, I need the info to put this battery system back together.
Thanks, Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I always run the fan on high speed. Like all summer. Especially when charging. Mine is stock, but I've never hurt one.

Sam

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,571 Posts
I do like Sam says, except that i have a 150 cfm cap. fan for the IMA battery. IIRR
Willie

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,571 Posts
By cap. I meany capacity, not whatever you're thinking. IIRR= If I remember right.
This is my charger/discharger: Homebuilt, Redneck made!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hello all, just got home. All I can say is wow, very professional. You could be selling those things. They are both impressive.

You and Sam both have hi speed fans. How do you guys set up the fan for a charger. Mine is a Prolong charger so I use it without the engine running. Do you know if it would be possible to have the fan run at slow speed just for the charger, or should I leave it on fast?

I trust you both and am in dire need of your advice. You have my undivided attention. Jack

Willie, you had mentioned that someone there has used a switch to control their fan speed. That's something that I'd like to learn about.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts