Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

These are two questions regarding the battery life and warranty of my 2003 insight in California (the main battery that asists the car, not the small starting one).

1- I believed that it was warrantied for 80,000 miles (I have 83,000 miles at 60.1). Then I saw this today: The Honda factory warranty for the IMA system is up to 80,000 miles. And in California and other "green" states the factory warranty is in place up to 150,000 miles. I am confused. Is IMA system same thing as battery system?

2- I am told that Honda has changed the warranty to cover the battery system as long as the same owner has the car. Is that true?

Emmanuel, a very happy camper with this Insight ('03,83K,60.1).

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi Emmanuel and welcome to the forum. :)

1- FALSE. IF Honda or another manufacturer chooses to sell their car under a more stringent emmission standard (I've forgotten the letter designation PZEV ( :?: ) then by definition the warranty is extended. Evaporative emmissions must be modified to be "zero" too, but I digress. No Insights are sold as such. AFAI remember for Honda only the Civic GX (natural gas) version is ( :?: )

2- FALSE. All warranties by all automobile manufacturers are with the car. AFAIK in North America no manufacturer requires "transfer" paperwork. The only condition that such warranties will be cancaled are in cases of damage to the car that resulted in a "total loss". (Read: the car was wrecked and the insurance company totaled it, though it might have been reconstructed and is back on the road (without warranty, caveat emptor :( ).

HTH! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts