Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All BetterBattery modules now carry a two year/unlimited mileage warranty.

All previously sold BetterBattery module warranties are retroactively extended to two years.

As always, the warranty is on the battery, not the car or owner, so it is transferable to a new owner even if the battery is transferred from one car to another. We need to be notified via email of the transfer by the former owner.

The warranty restrictions are unchanged:

1. The battery must not be opened.

2. For proper battery life, the car should be driven twice weekly for at least 30 minutes. If not, it should be grid charged after sitting, before use.

3. The battery must not be charged or discharged with an unapproved charger. Hybrid-Battery grid chargers, Genesis One grid chargers (Mike Dabrowski), and Peter Perkins' chargers are all approved. Use of a grid charger more than twice weekly is not currently approved (and is not necessary for most owners). Please contact us for exemptions to this requirement.

4. In the event of an IMA issue, you must have your codes read and provide them to us. An IMA light is not always due to the battery and we need to fix the correct problem. Our standard policy is to provide free phone and email support for any IMA issue, so if it is not the battery we will still be happy to help you.

5. If there is a problem within the first 90 days, we will pay all shipping (because it is defective). If it happens after that period, the customer will pay the shipping charges.

6. Insight BetterBattery modules can be converted (by us) to Civic Hybrid modules or vice-versa for a fee.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I was about to say... how much for a first-gen civic hybrid BetterBattery? Mine is 8 years old and has 100k on it now... no idea how much longer it's going to last.

Sam

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was about to say... how much for a first-gen civic hybrid BetterBattery? Mine is 8 years old and has 100k on it now... no idea how much longer it's going to last.

Sam
They are $1800 plus shipping and a $200 core charge that is refunded when we get your old one back (for parts).

2000-2006 Insight and 2003-2005 Civic Hybrid are the same price (and practically the same battery).

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are $1800 plus shipping and a $200 core charge that is refunded when we get your old one back (for parts).

2000-2006 Insight and 2003-2005 Civic Hybrid are the same price (and practically the same battery).
That is good information on the Better Battery and the approved Grid Chargers in the first . Unfortunately, the charger I have doesn't have much in the way of labeling on it. I'm not sure which if any of these chargers I have. I wonder if there might be an example of pictures linked to these chargers in the post. That way, folks like me that inherited the charger with the purchase of the car can better know if they have one of the accepted charger types.

I am again, also interested in an update on my battery pack. At the end of March, it had it's initial test and was scheduled for some service after the results were read. That was supposedly taking place last week. Can you jot me a quick note with an update? I am soooo looking forward to having it back!

Thanks so much and Happy Easter!
Norm

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ours have "Warranty Void if Removed" stickers. Where did you get your charger? Perhaps you could email me a picture?

That is good information on the Better Battery and the approved Grid Chargers in the first . Unfortunately, the charger I have doesn't have much in the way of labeling on it. I'm not sure which if any of these chargers I have. I wonder if there might be an example of pictures linked to these chargers in the post. That way, folks like me that inherited the charger with the purchase of the car can better know if they have one of the accepted charger types.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts