Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo. I've noticed my 2001 insights wires were super puny. Looked on this forum and couldn't find any recent mods. So here ye go yall. I've taken out all the crappy stuff in the engine bay associated with the tiny battery and relocated it to the back of the car. Prolonged battery life and health being away from the elements and temp extremes from the engine bay. Ordered 2 25' 00 guage wire from Amazon. Entry thru passenger fire wall as shown. No drilling required. Will seal hole with silicon once I'm satisfied. Cleaned all metal contact points with sand paper and sprayed battery terminal protection. The wires themselves were crimped, soldered, liquid taped, and electrical taped for good measure.

I could only find 2 engine grounds on the driver side. Does anyone know of any others? Any suggestions or knowledge would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
So, you put the battery inside in back to prolong its life? Because of extreme temp differences and being affected by the elements? In the summertime isn’t it much hotter inside the car than under the hood? I dunno, I mean a lot of people relocate their batteries to rear for aesthetic purposes. I guess the vw beetle has it inside. I would think the fumes would be a safety issue if battery overheated but then again I don’t know today. I think batteries have come a long way.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have my battery position in the back of the car also. It frees up a little room under the hood for some of my experimentation. You can keep the fruit jar of water there to go into the vacuum system as a mist to keep temperatures down if you're going to go extreme lean like I do .I also have a shed at work and a lean to carport to keep greenhouse temperatures down. . How far are you from Paducah Kentucky. I am in the middle of West Tennessee. I've got six cars now. Business is booming. I just like to say that

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
NathanC - with all of your postings I would have thought you would have included your location in your avatar.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Kentucky!!! Love it. What bad weather do you all get then? Are you planning on kswapping in the future?😈 I bet it would be a hoot to be flying around th corners in that little rocketship.

·
Premium Member
10,333 Posts
minor4326:
Nathan posts with his I phone and not a computer, that is the problem with not posting his location..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NathanC I live in elizabethtown. Bout 2 hours from paducah. What kinda business you running? And could you elaborate on this Mason jar of water trick? Pics? Not quite understanding what that'll accomplish.

Saxjons- Kentucky is pretty mild. Winters are nice and summer's are sweet. Nah I probably wont fo a kswap. I gotta Chrysler 300c awd with the 6.3l hemi when I have an itch for power

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Welcome back.

You can watch the video below on YouTube . And substitute water instead of gasoline. That way you're putting a mist of water in your intake manifold. If you're running super lean like I do The water helps prevent the motor from detonating before the spark. Cool the inside of the motor a little like unburnt liquid gasoline does .

I also did his experiment on my car and then I did the modified gas line. I go into the injectors not the vacuum system.

And another bit of information. If you do the modified gas line you can't do the vacuum intake like the video shows. Car goes crazy too much gas vapor .

One time I unpluged all three injectors an let the fruit jar of gasoline operate the motor. There was no way for me to calibrated how much vapor went into the motor at different RPMs and gears car did not run well.

The modified fuel line is the essence of complete control .

May the force be with you – I love the smell of aluminum in the morning 🤓One more thing back in my history are used to go to Kentucky to arm wrestle. I win 2 years straight up there. Third year I took my girlfriend. Don't take a girlfriend . I went to Little Rock Arkansas contest and only got second place. You're so worried you'll get beat with your girl that you can't concentrate and you get beat.

I thought of one more time I made a mistake. I took a real good looking girl to New Orleans. Got third place. Number two and number five in the country were in my weight division .

It is really unbelievable when you are as strong as I was at that time. And another human being is able to put you down. Unbelievable And these cars can do unbelievable things too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
My battery is in the back too. I ran some welding cable along the same path the original
DC-DC wire ran, underneath the driver side fender and along the driver door sill. Battery now sits in the driver rear wheel well. The DC-DC wire does not need to run to the front of the car if the battery is relocated to the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts