Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve migrated to FT Lauderdale Fl to hang out in the sun (and mom) and been doing a lot of bike riding. Does anyone have a bike rack for a stock Insight that they are not using and can ship to me ASAP? Looking for something that adjusts to the hatch window. I’ve been hauling my bike in the rear and of course on day one my hatch shocks quit on me so it’s hazardous getting the bike in and out with the hatch trying to slam down on my appendage😱. Can’t have that. If someone knows of the model that I can Amazon Prime to me that would also be splendid. Just need it ASAP as I’m planning to be here for a few weeks trying to avoid the CV blues.
Many thanks
Gerald
317-441-3231 text preferred hearing/mentally impaired

·
Premium Member
10,321 Posts
C'mon Gerald. Steal your moms broom, cut it off to a length to keep the hatch open fully and you are good to go.
Stay safe.
Willie

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Willie,
I’m using a heavy duty ice scraper and the problem is the bike is heavy and wide and does not fit completely inside and I’m always watching that bike seat hitting that scraper as I constantly put it in and out of the hatch. Just a matter of time before that hatch does a number on me. Need a bike rack bad.
Gerald

·
Super Moderator
1,671 Posts
No, you just need to replace the hatch struts. I heard of a guy named Greg in the Indianapolis area selling all kinds of used parts.
New hatch struts shipped are way less expensive that the shipping of a bike rack and you need the struts anyway.
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts