Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got mine!

Picked up the "Silver Bullet" this afternoon and put about 112 miles on it.
Registering 41.6 mgp and still climbing.

Heard some of you guy complaining about the sound system in these vehicles. To me, it's not so bad at all.

Spookiest thing is that engine shutdown when you're at a red light, with your foot is on the brake ... the silence (and the lack of the light vibration) from the little engine is a bit un-nerving at first ... still not used to it ... still can't get the grin off of my face.

Fred

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats :!:

I've got about 65K on mine and I'm still grinning :D

Enjoy

Chris in Washington, NH

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congrats Fred! Maybe we will pass on the PA Turnpike one day, I am in Blue. The sound system sounded pretty good to me too, maybe they have upgraded it.

what # are you?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
:lol: Folk have been complaining about the sound system forever. They must have replaced the speakers in the doors. That's really what it needed.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It does need one of those systems that adjusts the volume depending on speed, though, expecially at stop lights... 8)

·
Registered
92 Posts
LOL, we must have been at the dealers at the same time Fred. I just got mine today at about 5pm west coast time. Silver too.

got lucky, just walked in and said "is that for sale?" they didnt know!
the car was buried behind three other cars on a rooftop parking lot.

LOL they really arent interested in selling the Insight!

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Well Griller, someone about ten miles from here has a son-in-law that just won a million in a lottery.

But in your case, you were observant and knowledgeable as well as lucky! :wink:

Congratulations! And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dougie said:
It does need one of those systems that adjusts the volume depending on speed, though, expecially at stop lights... 8)
I've been in non-hybrid cars with that sound system, and it was so annoying competing with the regular combustion engine. The insight is the kind of car that the volume adjusting system was really meant for!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"...the silence (and the lack of the light vibration) from the little engine is a bit un-nerving at first..."

Just wait, though. It won't be long before you'll find yourself being irritated at other cars which don't do autostop.
Interestingly enough, that's already happened!

Fred

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats Fred! Maybe we will pass on the PA Turnpike one day, I am in Blue. The sound system sounded pretty good to me too, maybe they have upgraded it.

what # are you?

Up to 53.5 mph ... and still climbing!

Still grinning like the Cheshire Cat!

Fred

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for the comments on the sound system! I thught it was pretty good too, but with all the negative complaints I've read, I was starting to think . . . well, maybe I just have really bad hearing!

Best Regs,
Rick
2006 CVT
2, 498 miles
52.8 Lifetime MPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts