Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know if anyone can explain why a certain tire isn't available anymore, but wanted to let you know I just switched out my tires for winter tires this weekend. I am re-using a set of Blizzak WS-60's for my 2010 Insight. They didn't have the right size in the WS-70 form as of yet, but the WS-60 model I've been running on have worked great. You still need to drive safely and slow down speed, but it does make a world of difference for traction and safety.

The WS-60 has the right 175/65R15 tire size for the Insight... I have to say I'm happy at least one tire manufacturer produces a winter tire in this size, because Honda certainly made the tire size non-standard when making the Insight. If there is one thing I wished they would have changed, it would have been to have a normal width 15" wheel to get normal sized tires for... I don't think it makes *that* much difference with fuel economy if they were to have installed a 195/65-15 or something more standard, it would have opened up the doors for much safer winter driving and more tire selection.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
joelhague;
Please post your location in your profile.

Thank you
Willie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts