Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,958 Posts
So, since it is the hands of Coparts, what would be "transaction" expenses added on top of the sale cost?

Looks like it has lots of good parts on it so might not be a bad buy. I couldn't see the hail damage on the waxed hood. Fresh wax makes it look like someone loved it.

I notice they are going to sell it at 10 a.m. tomorrow. Would one be able to examine the car before the sale?

Would they require immediate removal or could one arrange a nominal "storage" fee?

·
Super Moderator
1,527 Posts
The fees to copart are approximately $400.00.

I believe you can inspect prior to the sale, however you might need to be a registered buyer/bidder.

If when you purchase from copart I believe you have 2 days to pick up or pay something like $50.00 per day storage or more. Also, they have certain rules on payment, like they don't want cash, cashiers check or bank check.

HTH,
Scott

·
Super Moderator
6,958 Posts
If you blow the pictures up you can begin to see the hail damage. Exterior looks totaled. Looks like a couple of big hail stones went right through the RF fender. Never mind;)

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Ati's post is getting some attention. Bid increased $675 over the last couple hours. I wonder who is at $825???
Gerald

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Surprised the hail that damaged the fender didn't take out the back window. And that $825 is really $1065 after the fees and that's if you have a license. Add a few hundred if you don't for a broker and shipping costs.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Exactly, that $825 is going to be $1200-1300 otd (out the door) for non-brokers like us. That's my $825 but close to my max since it's going to be 1000 + mi with a truck and trailer for me.
Gerald

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I can't see that price - guess folks just love an auction.
Nah, at least one of us loves the car more than the cash.
I can see that price. Love to have that car for $1200-1300.
Gerald

·
Super Moderator
6,958 Posts
Nah, at least one of us loves the car more than the cash.
I can see that price. Love to have that car for $1200-1300.
Gerald
Well - maybe. I'd measure my love for my cash about equal to my love of Insights, so I'm a little tight.

OTOH, the exterior is trash, you don't know the miles, and the interior may have seat wear and carpet wear. On top that, it's a CVT!!!!

·
3,641 Posts
Looks like air horns under the hood. Also, Lady driven judging by the decal on the back glass.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I can't say other than its headed to Indy going to a better home:p. Last reported to have 93k mi. And I'm equal opportunity.....I like CVT's as much as MT's. Funny how the last 5 or 6 dark blues that I've found online were all CVT's. There is one dark blue MT for sale now but overpriced with a lot of mi.
Out of 40 cars, this is my first dark blue, definitely rarer than the citrus (which I have 8 ).
Gerald

·
3,641 Posts
Congrats!

I have seen two or three in the wild, about as many as the citrus.

But I think based on low production numbers of '05-'06 they are probably the rarest USDM color cars. But consider that they are 5 years behind the lifecycle of the 2000 MY citrus, so that could be a factor in them coming out of service, being sold by their first owners, or turning up at COPART a bit later than the citrus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts