Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It can happen in the flash of an eye (almost). '04 Navy Blue Pearl Insight is gone. Not literally, but from me. I was in having tires rotated, talking with the salesman who sold my '04 Navy CVT to me back in '05, telling him how much I had wanted a New Formula Red. Lo and behold he says we have one, an '05 Honda Executive car, CVT, had never been purchased, basically a new car, less than 300 miles, and comes with a new car warranty. Extended Warranty thru Honda Care. He crunched numbers and I said OK. Sales price under $21K and trade in value $14K. Not bad. Dazed and surpised to find a brand new Insight, still had tape residue from when it was shipped. I guess it had been held back by Honda to give to one of its executives, but never got taken. They finally released it and my dealer picked it up. So there are still some cars out there, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It had been in for less than 1 week. I hated to give up my 150K warranty but the color I had always wanted was too tempting.
Anyone know if it is an '05 purchased as a new car, any tax rebates? Who knows if any other cars are lurking to come to life...just waiting for an InsightCentral owner? :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting. The USED 2005 I saw last week at the dealer was marked a bit over $21K. I expect these cars will hold their value a while.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lemme know if you hear of a manual transmission one in any color other than asphalt-blending silver.

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts