Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

I recently bought a 2010 Ingisht LX. I see this blue light with a "C" on the left of the dash and I don't know what it is. There is also a "H" above it but that one does not come on.

The blue light stays on when I start the car and disappears after about 2-3 minutes of driving / idling.

Is there anything I need to change? Coolant flush? CVT fluid?
It may be a stupid question, but I am not at all mechanically inclined so I rely on you members' feedback.

Attaching a picture for reference.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
temp is cold ... it goes away once its up to normal operating temp ... all of them do that ... safe to drive like that ... check up on the manual for dummy lights and MID operation - there's a lot of stuff in there to familiarize yourself with

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could I also ask you about tires?
I read on the forum that the Insight achieves better fuel economy when the tires are changed to a slightly higher size and tire pressure is maintained at 40 for the front 2 and 38 for the rear. Is that right>

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hopefully I'm about to become an Insight owner this week.

First thing my wife noticed when she test drove one was that blue light, I'd driven two before and never even seen it!

·
Registered
622 Posts
yes ... keep tire pressure higher than stock ... i have mine at 40 all around ... the stock size on 2010-11 is 175 65 15 - i opted for a plus zero upgrade to 185 65 15 and handling and road grip have improved considerably - mpg was not affected and the stock rims can handle a slightly larger tire just fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
jcbesq
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing