Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Newscast,
I have never seen those units. I recently purchased a Clarion Units (NX-404) from Crutchfield. I am just waiting for after the holidays to install it.
I know that there are a lot of no name brands out there as I see them all the time on Ebay. I am not sure of the support on these units so I would be real careful with on some of them.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I bought a single din fancy dvd player radio by wuku from ebay by way of china. It worked for 3 months, then died. Replaced the fuse and the touch screen randomly selected different options and stations. After a few days it only worked by remote.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Newscast,
Cobb is right on. You really need to watch yourself with some of the Chinese brands because in many cases there is no USA support. You are stuck trying to deal with someone in China that does not even speak English. They look good but it is buyer beware.
Check some of the models on Crutchfield as they have decent sales going and provide excellent support. They also throw in all the mounting hardware at no cost such as what is being offered by Metra.
Look at the Clarion NX-404. That's the one I got and its a nice unit on sale.
That's my two cents.
They have others which are just as good!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I'm happy with my stock nav (besides the disk reading error I get occasionally). Sometimes I just enjoy checking out Amazon and other sites for Insight gear and figured I'd pass this one along. I learned my lesson with Chinese electronics when I purchased my first dashcam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts