Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just started looking at the 2010 Insight, and stopped in to see one for the first time last night. Looks pretty cool, and my wife liked it, but I still have to drive one... Plus, I'm trying to figure out more about the Bluetooth.

Has anyone used the Bluetooth with a Palm Pre? I assume the hands-free will work just fine for the phone, but it seems that the Insight (and perhaps most other cars with factory bluetooth?) lacks A2DP and AVRCP support?

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised as USB/iPhone support seems to be all the rage... but with the Pre, I would really like to have the Touchstone inductive charger in the car, for cable-free connection into the stereo for BOTH hands-free AND audio (A2DP).

I'm looking at a Sony head-unit for our 2004 Odyssey which supports HD Radio AND Bluetooth for both hands-free AND A2DP. It seems like a GREAT match for the Pre since you can just drop the Pre onto the inductive charger and have audio (Pandora, etc.) play without having to fuss with any wires or connectors.

But it would seem that with the Insight this is not possible? The next question would be whether there is any sort of aux input (not USB, but audio in) since that would work even though it would be sub-optimal. Actually, I could probably get a small A2DP (though not AVRCP) adapter for an audio input that would retain the cordless audio connection on the Pre...

It doesn't look like the factory radio would be much fun to upgrade, and I'm not much for goofing up the dash (but love the fact that my CRV and Odyssey still support DIN-sized replacement decks without looking all goofy afterwards).

·
Registered
596 Posts
I just started looking at the 2010 Insight, and stopped in to see one for the first time last night. Looks pretty cool, and my wife liked it, but I still have to drive one... Plus, I'm trying to figure out more about the Bluetooth.

Has anyone used the Bluetooth with a Palm Pre? I assume the hands-free will work just fine for the phone, but it seems that the Insight (and perhaps most other cars with factory bluetooth?) lacks A2DP and AVRCP support?

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised as USB/iPhone support seems to be all the rage... but with the Pre, I would really like to have the Touchstone inductive charger in the car, for cable-free connection into the stereo for BOTH hands-free AND audio (A2DP).

I'm looking at a Sony head-unit for our 2004 Odyssey which supports HD Radio AND Bluetooth for both hands-free AND A2DP. It seems like a GREAT match for the Pre since you can just drop the Pre onto the inductive charger and have audio (Pandora, etc.) play without having to fuss with any wires or connectors.

But it would seem that with the Insight this is not possible? The next question would be whether there is any sort of aux input (not USB, but audio in) since that would work even though it would be sub-optimal. Actually, I could probably get a small A2DP (though not AVRCP) adapter for an audio input that would retain the cordless audio connection on the Pre...

It doesn't look like the factory radio would be much fun to upgrade, and I'm not much for goofing up the dash (but love the fact that my CRV and Odyssey still support DIN-sized replacement decks without looking all goofy afterwards).
On the EX/Navi. along with Bluetooth and the USB input in the console, there is an AUX IN on the lower dash, next to the only 12v outlet...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts