Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a red 2000 Insight and replaced the IMA. This nice car is missing the rear passenger side fender, and the mechanic shop owner said that a replacement would cost nearly $600 with parts and labor. I have looked for parts online but I do not see the rear fenders sold separately of the whole panel, which I do not need. Is there a reliable way to search for used parts online? I live in a rural Northern California area. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You said rear fender. If that is what I think it is, it is welded on, not simple to replace, and the car is aluminum, so many body shops won't touch the metal. I believe many Audi dealers can work on the aluminum body. If you get a used one make sure they don't cut the panel, but cut the surrounding panels instead.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is it called?

Online, all Honda parts dealers display exactly the same schematics. The front fender diagram includes the front wheel cover panel. The rear panel diagram shows all the exterior body parts surrounding the rear wheel cover panel but not the wheel cover itself.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks!

I am missing a passenger spat! And if the junkyard people don't have it, I'll order it from Majestic. The car also has a cracked driver-side mirror, which costs at Majestic as much as a spat; I do hope somebody has one sitting around.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am missing a passenger spat! And if the junkyard people don't have it, I'll order it from Majestic. The car also has a cracked driver-side mirror, which costs at Majestic as much as a spat; I do hope somebody has one sitting around.
I got one spat/cover in silver and I also have the rear passenger fender :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts