Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide whether to repair my 2004 that was damaged in a barn fire. It depends on prices and distance from Harrisburg 17112 . Thanks

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Any interior damage? How many miles? Does it run. No insurance I assume, but if you did, it would probably be totaled out.

·
Super Moderator
2,045 Posts
That’s very unfortunate. I have all the parts on a 2001 with a Bumblebee battery pack that still has over 4 years warranty and 116k miles. Same color, in very nice shape, CVT. Delivery might be available.

Tongue in cheek, you should probably just look for another car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You’re probably right! I kinda got attached to it over the years. I’m was thinking if I could find the parts at a decent price it would be a nice project.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
@Jay McQ,

I am very sorry to hear about your car.

I also have a red 2004 MT, which I saved from the wrecker after a deer strike. (edit) Etching primer and Rust-Oleum Sunrise Red will get you pretty close in color if you don't want to go all the way with the official red. A clear coat may help, as the Rust-Oleum holds dirt more than the original. It is also ever so slightly orange and shadows are darker in the original. It also must be applied below 50% humidity. But it can help get you back on the road with parts that were not originally red for minimal cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any interior damage? How many miles? Does it run. No insurance I assume, but if you did, it would probably be totaled out.
Runs and drives fine, 130K, Passenger seat and headliner got damaged, and definitely a total loss, but repairable. Thx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Jay McQ,

I am very sorry to hear about your car.

I also have a red 2004 MT, which I saved from the wrecker after a deer strike. (edit) Etching primer and Rust-Oleum Sunrise Red will get you pretty close in color if you don't want to go all the way with the official red. A clear coat may help, as the Rust-Oleum holds dirt more than the original. It is also ever so slightly orange and shadows are darker in the original. It also must be applied below 50% humidity. But it can help get you back on the road with parts that were not originally red for minimal cost.
Ok, thx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts