Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The transmission needs replaced and the front two skid plates are damaged, though these are the only issues and everything else is in excellent working order. Continued to get 35 to 40 mpg combined average up until the transmission issue. This will obviously need to be towed. We do not have the finances to get the car fixed ourselves. I am hoping that someone can either fix it or use it for parts if they already have an old Insight. I would much rather see this car either continue its life or aid in continuing the life of another Insight. The only other option if it cannot be of use to someone would be to scrap it and I honestly would feel terrible for a car that just hit the transmission's end of life and otherwise has been issue free to just be trashed.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I'd suggest posting relevant info like price and mileage. In fact, there is a sticky somewhere that asks folks like you to list a number of things that will help you sell the car if you intend to advertise here, you might search for it. GLWS.

Reactions: jime

·
Super Moderator
9,346 Posts
The seller just joined so probably not familiar with the needed details of a nich market. The suggested "for sale" list of details is kinda standard list that any buyer wants to know. In this case a couple on interior pictures would also help. The list is here:

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I am interested in the car. How much are you asking for it? Will it move at all under its own power or is it completely dead?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts