Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the second time.

First time a month ago, a bolt had fallen from somewhere above the steering column, in the dash. On my foot.

I then checked, removing the black cover under the steering column but did not find a place to put it.

Now this afternoon, bing-bang-boom, an other bolt fell on my foot. The sound again was the bolt hitting the black plastic cover.

Question 1:
Anybody experienced bolts falling from under the dash to the driver side floor. If Yes please respond.

Question 2:
Where does the bolts go (if you answered Yes to question 1)

·
Registered
700 Posts
I think it is the non-Honda cables you just installed. They are causing a reaction that results in the car's shedding pieces of itself. Kind of like leprosy...the car version.

Just remember, I suggested you get some extra Honda cables, so don't say I didn't tell you so. :p

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Yves:

___I am not sure if we are discussing the same item but I have had a single black screw come out of the gauge cluster area just above the gauges and fall into the area next to the Plexiglas and natural shelf in front of the gauges themselves. I just screwed it back in with a small Phillips. If you look straight up from underneath the steering column, you can see the 2 screws.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:y5xcnbah][email protected][/email:y5xcnbah]

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Xcel, they are bolts with permanent washers like the ones that hold the glovebox. Wear on the bolts show they where screwed somewhere before.

I did an other quick check with a flaslight today and did not see where it could go. I do not want to remove the entire dash. For now I will hope they are not important.

For Holycow, If I find where they go, I will use the "Can Not Be Rejected New Organs" machine I already have. It is a MIG welding machine and I will not put the bolt but a quick Zap to permanently joint the two organs.

Am I crazy to think that somebody put looses bolts in the dash to make me crazy when they fall out. It worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts