Honda Insight Forum banner

Book and o2 sensor advice needed

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  michael wong 
#1 ·
great strings! i have seen my mpg decrease from 70 to about 55 this winter. I finally got check eng light, dealer says it is the o2 sensor. i drove it off the lot, the light was gone, and i'm in the process of ordering the sensor (i hope it's the same type as the one in my car...)

i thought i'd post to ask if that's a straightforward job for an owner to replace it. looking to buy a service manual too. anyway, i bought my car last october, it had done quite a bit of sitting, i think, low miles in 5 years (17000). interesting stuff... i gotta go dig up the code they gave me, see if it was the same as the above posts...

if anybody is still on this thread:

-was the sensor 1 easy to replace?

-can somebody tell me if the o2 sensors are warrantied to 80k?

-is majestic a good source? (i guess i'll be buying their sensor for $210)

-finally, what's the best source for a manual? i should have a book on this car...

thanks! love this 'sight!

skinny

See less See more
#2 ·
Easily replaced. I assume you are talking about the LAF sensor, which is located on the precat just after the exhaust "manifold". All you need is the appropriate O2 sensor socket and a breaker bar. The new one just screws in after applying anti-seize to the threads (don't get it on the sensor element).

From my experience, the O2 sensors are not covered by the emissions warranty. Your local laws may vary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.