Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a verry boring quistion, but what is the fuelconsumption in summer vs winter if you get on the road and drive 95 km/hr straight, no mountains, just get on the road and driving 100 km? So the 3 cilynder is doing all the work right?
What are the average experiences?

Greetings Etienne

·
Registered
804 Posts
See http://www.insightcentral.net/encyclopedia/enmodes.html. It illustrates when the gas engine runs, the electric motors runs, etc.

100 km/hr (about 65 mph) is a good speed because if you are cruising, lean-burn engages on the 5-speed and reduces consumption about 30%. The CVT Insight does not have lean-burn. The 5-speed uses lean-burn if you are cruising with and not putting a big load on the gas engine.

To answer your question, Once you reach your cruising speed and maintain it, only the gas engine is running. The electric motor will assist as you are reaching cruising speed.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Summer 95 km/hr straight with no wind I get about 3 or 3.2 L/100km
Winter i'm not sure yet because this is my first winter.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Agree w/ what Delta Flyer said. Some additional thoughts... are you running climate control? In summer you might be running the A/C to cool off. In winter you might be running it with the defrost on to keep the windows clear. In winter, if it's cold enough, you might not be getting lean burn. Everywhere but the tropics or subtropics in winter you can also expect more drag from rain or snow. The opposite of that in the tropical zones where you would get the rain in the summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts