Honda Insight Forum banner

Boston Acoustics S65RC speakers for Insight

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnHeller 
#1 ·
Just wanted to relay my good experience with installing Boston Acoustics S65RC speakers in the doors and rear of my '00 Insight. These are the shallow depth speakers from Boston Acoustics so they aren't going to have the bass punch some people are looking for. They are an easy fit for depth in both the doors and rear (behind the seats). However, the hole pattern isn't a perfect match so you'll need to drill two additional mounting holes in the speaker's mounting flange.

I bought the first pair from Crutchfield for about $100 (with $20 off coupon) and picked up a second pair (new) on eBay for about $45 just a few days ago.

#3 ·
The mounting depth of the Boston Acoustics S65RC's is 1 15/16" and they fit in both the doors and rear with no problems. The bolt pattern (screws actually) isn't a perfect match and I no longer have the Honda factory speakers (Goodwill has them) to make a template of the screw pattern.

If you've got a hand drill, it is fairly simple to drill two extra mounting holes in the speaker mounting flange. If you are looking for speakers that are a perfect match to the screw pattern in the Insight, I don't know which ones are but the BA speakers aren't.

I ordered the first pair through Crutchfield and they do include an adapter for the Honda factory wiring connector for the speakers which does make it very easy (no wire splices, etc.) to connect them to the speaker wires.

#5 ·
I just installed Eclipse 120-Watt 6-1/2" 3-Way Coaxial Speaker (SE8365) and they are a direct fit...no drilling...oh and very cheap..$36..do a search on tradingcircuit.com they are associated with circuitcity.

the original grills still fit on as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.