Honda Insight Forum banner

How many miles have you gotten on your Insight's original brakes?

• Less than 25,000 mi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25,001 mi - 50,000 mi

• 50,001 mi - 100,000 mi

• > 100,000 mi

• I don't use my brakes!

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still on the original brakes of my Insight. Wondering if anyone has had to replace theirs yet, and when.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well, I can't say for sure how the car was driven, but I bought a 2000 Insight with 33,000 miles on it a few weeks ago to toy around with and then sell. Well yesterday I was driving around a little bit in it with the windows down and I noticed the metallic squeal that means time for new brakes. I had become accustomed to waiting for parts for a day or two to get them from California so I called up my connection at the local honda dealership and had him order me a set all around. He said it should be monday by the time they get here. Ok, well today I got a call saying there is a national backorder on the brake pads! 6 weeks! This worries me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tim Maddux said:
I'm still on the original brakes of my Insight. Wondering if anyone has had to replace theirs yet, and when.
Got 61k on original pads so far...

G

·
0 Posts
Replaced pads at 57,000 miles as the discs were warped, pads were around 40% worn.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,882 Posts
brake pads

On 04/01/04 with 99,000 miles on the odometer, I replaced the front pads and posted the results on the thread "turbocharged Insight".

I included the measurements of the pads at that time.
(page 9)

Replaced as a matter of precaution.

At 200,000 miles I will be doing a major overhaul in maintenance.
Oil, filter, air cleaner element, trans fluid, brake fluid, clutch fluid, front and rear brakes, and new tires. (Stay tuned)

Willie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts