I just ordered my new brakes.

rotors are 125.00 slotted, ventilled not cross-drilled two weeks to get
front pads are 80.00 Williams performance S2 pads
rear performance shoes are 49.00
freight is 30.00
---------------------------------
~290$

All this for my Insight 2000 5 speed

With this I should be good to start making some lapping soon!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I've never had any problems with the stock brakes. It's the tires that just aren't big enough to take hold.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not that I had problem with my brake, its that I will turn turbo probably next year with a audi/volks k03 (stock 1.8T) so more power = more brake...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Which rear performance brake shoes did you get?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guillermo, I order them from Wheel and Tire Zone (http://www.wheelandtirezone.com). Its kind of weird but I did not receive any info for now about them. I ask the vendor but no respond yet. I know that the pads are from williams performance... Im pretty sure that the shoes are going to be from the same place...but still as soon as I receive the specs. i will put them here =)

But the service from wheelandtirezone seems to be a bit slow...I called the guy 3 time and got no call back from now...he told me that the brakes were ordered but nothing more for now =|

I`m kind of desapointed....and since Im not english, its kind of hard for me to argue with a guy on the phone... =|

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
For better service at Wheel and Tire Zone always ask to speak to Andrew, he is the owner.
You can also try emailing them instead of playing phone tag.
The slotted rotors will wear out the pads prematurely.
Using vented blank rotors (Not cross drilled and not slotted) with quality modern technology pads is better even for racing because it has more contact surface.

G

·
0 Posts
In my past racing experience, I have always found that the slotted discs are better. The slots shave a small amount off the pad & keep them from glazing under repeated heavy use.

G

·
0 Posts
I have seen drilled & slotted discs on ebay for £80 pair, seems very cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts