Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes are still sticking and now it’s worse. Someone said something about a clip maybe being bad, but what are the talking about and where do I purchase one? 2006 Insight

·
Administrator
10,773 Posts
Front or back?

Have you jacked the car up and tried to spin the wheels?

The rear handbrake cables do seize up..

Poor maintenance on any of the sliding brake parts could cause some drag..

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
You should have stayed with your original thread.
Did you do what Sam suggested?
Front or back?
Checked your other thread and got it figured out I think. You mean it won't "MOVE", but engine will START?.

Willie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I am having a hard time navigating this website on my phone. Taking it in to Honda Friday morning at 8:15. Not sure I have the talents to jack up my car and check it that way. I am the original owner so I do not even recall every having brake issues. Maybe I had the brake pads replaced once. Hard to remember. So I will take it in.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
If you are going to ask for help, please answer everyone's questions.
It helps in our evaluation of your problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m sorry I am driving and I don’t live on my computer. I will try to answer the questions when I’m safely home.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I hope you make it home. Texting while driving is a good way not to makle it home. I have no problem with you killing yourself. That's your business. But there is a good chance you could kill or injure innocent people. Please do not text and drive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so if I pull up real hard on the brake pad the light will go off. It will delay auto start because they “stick” so if I’m stopped I have to put my foot under it and pull it up. I do not know how else to explain it, “brakes sticking”

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And I wasn’t driving yet relax - I was about to start and now I am home. I did not want to text and drive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Social media has become nothing but a place to harass and argue. Thanks for your help anyway. A message telling me to find my thread months ago, another saying kill myself and another telling me to quickly answer questions. Ill slowly back away with my bad brakes and ask the experts. Luckily this car is an extra and a passion and hobby now.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Finally, you are telling us, your brake pedal is sticking in the down position?
I didn't say answer quickly.
Have you checked the brake fluid level in the brake master cylinder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts