Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Mike,

I read through the entire article.

At first thought, it seems "too good to be true", but it sounds like several independent laboratories were involved as a verification of the overall process.

I wonder if I still need PV panels for the roof?

Jim.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
From the wikipedia article on Blacklight:

The proposed theory is inconsistent with quantum mechanics and critics have ruled it out on those grounds, with some labelling it "fraud", "extremely unlikely", lacking corroborating scientific evidence, and a relic of cold fusion...
...IEEE Spectrum magazine characterised it as a "loser" technology because "most experts don’t believe such lower states exist, and they say the experiments don’t present convincing evidence."

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
For the BlackLight energy generation scheme to be valid, long-standing quantum mechanics theories would have to be invalidated. With the repeated validation of these theories over many years of scientific experimentation, it would be extremely unlikely that an MD with apparently little physics education could overturn these theories where legions of physicists have not been able to do so. A search of the Internet will yield many believable arguments against this scheme.

I suspect that BlackLight has raised lots of money from various hopeful people who will eventually be very disappointed that their investments yielded nothing of value. But, hey, maybe we'll all be surprised!

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you read the wiki page on BlackLight and Randell Mills, which goes back to 1989, it claims NASA did some testing on a related energy process in 1996 and claimed 1.01 to 1.68 times the energy out than was put into their reaction.

So for all the nay sayers, it appears that something greater is possible. Also I love people claiming that it's not possible with the current laws of physics. The earth was once flat and we discovered that it's in fact round. Just as we create/discover the deeper nature of the universe we live in, we too will find new and interesting laws of physics.

I hope for all the best to this man and his company, or any company working in the uncharted sciences of energy.

I believe a greater energy source or technology is out there for us to create, but whether or not this man and his company have discovered it, only time will tell. They supposedly are doing a live event on January 28th.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
One man's "uncharted science" is another man's swindle.

The pattern is usually pretty easy to spot. When you start seeing words like proprietary is one. They don't let anyone know what's in there. If it were really something that would pan out, they would just take a patent out on it. Instead it is all secrecy and magicianlike curtains and mystery.

The other is that it's an enormous leap forward without precedent. For instance here, with their need for new quantum physics for it to be possible. If you think this is the way new energy sources will be tapped, you don't know science.

Most of the new energy source scams I've seen also have the third one: someone without credentials... they always pose themselves as an outsider with a fresh perspective that gives them the genius insight allowing their "invention" that people versed in the field missed because they can only think inside the box.

This one hits strong on all those.

Sam

EDIT: For fun, just look at the E-Cat (Rossi) article on Wikipedia and enjoy the similarity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well we should have some further info after their demonstration

"This breakthrough transformational power technology can be witnessed in a live demonstration hosted by BlackLight of on January 28th at 11 AM. Details and updates will be posted at the company website (BLP | Electrical Power from Water Vapor Fuel). Those interested in attending can contact BlackLight to preregister for this limited availability event. "

BlackLight Power Inc.
493 Old Trenton Rd.
Cranbury, NJ 08512
609) 490-1090

TEST RESULTS
http://www.blacklightpower.com/technology/validation-reports/

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Disclaimer right up front....I'm just a dumb welder. I looked through both links and did some searching for info too. I also read the Wikipedia info.

My understanding of Wikipedia is anyone can be an "expert" and write those pages? How do I know the people that wrote the Wiki info are no Einstein's themselves? Maybe they were just dumb welders?:)

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Sorry, Ive been let down too many times for years by pop sci and mech with all the latest and greatest breaking advancements to never see the light of day.

Yeah, there are some talented welders.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I just was looking at some more videos, and this is simply another variation of Cold fusion
The main difference seems to be the plasma, which can be converted directly to electricity without the heat/steam/generator that a pure heat source needs to go through.
They use
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetohydrodynamics
which produces DC electricity directly.

Here is an interesting video on cold fusion

I think it is clear that hydrogen and nickle with electricity can fuse hydrogen, and create excess energy.
It is just a matter of figuring out the physics, and then how to optimize and control it, and then the fun part where we use it to solve all of our problems.

May yet have a MR fusion machine in one of my Insights.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Im sorry, its hard to take a lot of this stuff serious or even read it at this day and time. If free energy was really practicle or possible every large corporation that sells generators would sell this new style of generator. Even if the giant oil company buys the patent, the garage inventor should be able to reverse engineer it and make a working prototype before the 20 years is up on the pat and other companies including China starts to produce them.

Mr Goodyear accident knocks sulfer into rubber and makes tires. Now everyone and in several countries makes tires. If Tesla invented,discovered or harnesses free energy, then the same should be true.

Mr Otto make the 4 cycle engine, Mr Diesel made the diesel engine and Mr Ford streamlined mass production.

I guess you can see where I am going.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts