Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly I have to report that Brent has stopped responding to e-mails about an order I recd from him a few months ago which had a number of issues. He initially stated he would sort it out but has failed to do so after numerous e-mails and even an offer to pay extra shipping if it was reqd.

I have used him a few times as he is a useful resource and I'm very sad to have to report this to the forum. I even got Ron to prompt him in person recently which did get me a response and promise to sort it but then silence.

I hope others have more success in dealing with him or that it is a glitch or other simple problem causing this lack of response. :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought a fender from him, communication wasnt the greatest, it took him a week and 3 messages and a week to ship my fender after payment. He apologized and he shipped the fender next day. I hope you get your problem resolved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had the same problem, since before I got my car back from him and now I got no invoice so I dont know what was done, I offerred to pay 4 extras and they were ignored, no calls returned. I even tried asking questions on ebay auctions, no response. Im wondering if he sold cause the flamboyant ad now advertises about 7 different types of autos...his facebook page is also unresponsive... the ebay site is being hit real hard with unsatisfied customers! I hope the problem is just somethin simple like maybe he fell in love or something! Im gonna call once more but the phone was turned off for a while too!:-|

·
Registered
122 Posts
He is a very helpful and kind guy there must be a reason behind this all....
Let's give him some slack although he is slow with responding to emails...

·
6,928 Posts
Wow, yeah, he's getting hammered with negatives on eBay.. :( Not good...

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
I would also strongly reccommend AGAINST using that clown.

I bought a driver and passenger seat from him on eBay in August. He claimed they came from an 01 Insight with only 48k miles. He advertised them as rare, "super clean", and "the best he's ever had". After they did not arrive for four weeks (GPE takes 5-8 days) he finally gave me a tracking number. When I called my local Greyhound depot they said the TR# was for a guy in Texas.

When I asked Brent what was up with the tracking #, he said he gave me the wrong one and "lost" the correct #, but he swore up and down that the parts did ship. Smelling a rat I called direct to the agent at the Columbus GPE depot (where he claims to have shipped them from). The agent searched ALL of Brent's shipments for a 14 day period (seven days each way from when Brent claimed to have shipped them) and found nothing in my name.

When I confronted him with this, he told me Greyhound lost my seats and he would ship me another set immediately, they were also "clean" like the other ones supposedly. I did not believe him at this point so I pressed him to send me the tracking number as soon as he shipped them but he sent nothing and stopped returning my emails. I gave it another week in case replacements were shipped (nothing ever arrived).

Finally I gave up and filed a claim with eBay. He promptly refunded my money and I left him negative feedback for both seats.

Here's the best part: Guess what's listed on eBay for sale right now:
2000 - 2006 Honda Insight Front Driver Side OEM Seat | eBay

Yup, that's the exact seat that Greyhound lost when he shipped them to me!!

I'm sorry, but that guy can go pound sand. Liar!

I'm telling everyone who will listen not to do business with him!

·
6,928 Posts
I bought something from him about a month ago now and it was shipped promptly.. I wonder what's going on :( I've really never had any problems with him. I sometimes recommend him a couple of times a day! I don't want to have to stop doing that...

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
when I bought a bunch of parts from him about a year ago, he seemed very nice. Parts were as described and were shipped promptly, and he would reply to emails fast as well.

There were occasionally some problems for example when ordering a tie rod, I was sent one from a CVT instead of a MT, or when I ordered a window, it arrived broken. But he promptly did his best to fix the situation and offer me another one.

When I had talked to him last, I remember him mentioning he was in the hospital for something, and he is relying on his workers which arent doing that good of a job. Perhaps now he may be back in the hospital in worse condition, and his workers are running his business without him, and very badly at that..

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
A year ago I bought four wheels from Brent. They arrived promptly and in very good shape. As a bonus they had four very good Potenza RE92s. I was very pleased.

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
How about someone go by his facility (In person) and see what is happening? I know that there are several INSIGHTERS in the area.
I've purchased items from him in the past (Not within 120 days) and had no problems.

Willie

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hope he is okay cause the guy Brent I spoke to on phone was sweet honast helpful and nice. unless this is a case of Jeckyl and Hyde, there was an answer that said he was Brent while my car was there for a tranny replacement, and it sounded different older and more reserved.... anyway he said he shipped a tranny to me July 1 and after it hadnt arrived by julu 14, we spoke and he assured me heed get to the bottom of it! and ship another! 2 days later a strange shaped carboard hand made box arrived,,, he said fed ex didnt like heavy boxes and made it dissappear, fed ex said it was shipped 2 days ago... got itto Honda dealer here and well it didnt work so i spent $1000 to get it installed, called Brent and he said have it removed and ship it back... well they wanted another $1000 to remove it!!! so it was decided that Brent would have the car shipped back to him and he waould swap it out so... after a month of waiting a pickup arrived and it went off to Flamboyant Aug 9, I spoke to Brent and said if it needs anything else tomake it run properly or safer or whatever I would pay him to take care of it! didnt hear from him for a few weeks... and finally got him on the phone and arranged for a shipper to pick up the car, he than wanted me to chip in for the original shipping so I offereed to split it so I Pay pal him $250 the car arrives three days later its now October, the climate control doesnt work looks as if it was replaced, tranny is fine, all the manuals and reciepts that were inthe trunk are gone, the mileage is set back from 169000 to 151000, and there is no answering the phone and no answering the e mails and no answering at ebay when i tried messaging about a new climate control...
something is definatly askew and Its not good!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I actually saw your car while I was there in September (on 9/11). Brent wasn't in, but his worker was telling me about what he'd just done to the transmission and that they were trying to figure out how to get the car back to you. It wasn't completed at that time, but almost.

and finally got him on the phone and arranged for a shipper to pick up the car, he than wanted me to chip in for the original shipping so I offereed to split it so I Pay pal him $250 the car arrives three days later its now October, the climate control doesnt work looks as if it was replaced, tranny is fine, all the manuals and reciepts that were inthe trunk are gone, the mileage is set back from 169000 to 151000, and there is no answering the phone and no answering the e mails and no answering at ebay when i tried messaging about a new climate control...
something is definatly askew and Its not good!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm sure projects like that are what is consuming his time. Why is he taking on those types of jobs in the first place?

Obviously MANY people are buying parts from him. Rather than devoting his time to repairing cars he should focus on getting the correct parts out in a timely manner.

I had some issues with him when I made several orders over the past few months. I'm not going to rag on the guy for what happened because he fixed the issues we had.. but if he would get his act together and concentrate on one thing, he would be saving a lot of money.

He had to send me the same parts a few times because of order mixups, packaging problems, and other simple mistakes.

As a business owner, you need to know when to say no sometimes even though it may hurt a little.

·
Registered
27 Posts
because he was making good on his warranty, he is not there obviously cause he made it clear to me that he, when he can, moniters this site...

·
Registered
459 Posts
I can understand that.. and I am glad he made good on taking care of you. But what is his business plan?

That is what I was getting at.

No offense to you or your situation. I'm glad he fixed you up. But if he is selling parts to as many people as I think he is, and making as many mistakes as we see him making and many more that we don't see.. that doesn't leave him much time to make repairs to everyones car when he sells someone an engine, or engine and transmission, or a battery..

I'm not directing any of this towards you fabu.

I'm glad he monitors the site.. but so do potential buyers.

If he wants to run a successful business he needs to get his act together and either hire more people or take on less responsibilities. You can't do it all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
understood completely, but nobody is home there, and the phone was turned off, and I too have also been guilty of micromanaging my own business' in the past he needs a secretary and a manager, but????

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I sent him a payment for 4 wheels and tires 3 weeks ago and have not received them yet, no replies to my emails either, I will contact Ebay later today.

·
Registered
27 Posts
have you called him yet? 614-949-0529 let us know cause I still dont have the stuff he took out of the rear storage area ie: manuals and reciepts

1 - 20 of 54 Posts