Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Is the B291 still available in the UK and if so where from? I seem to remember someone saying they couldnt get them from a Honda dealer

Regards
John

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys

Got my numbering wrong - its B391 - can anyone confirm that they are the OE tyres on the Insight

Regards

John

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The OEM tire is Bridgestone Potenza RE92 165/65/14. I believe the B391 is used on the 5 speed Civic Hybrids.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I have looked for them in the past (not particularly thoroughly) and could not find them in the UK. I ended up buying the next best low rolling resistance Bridgestones (still in the garage at the moment) from a 'tyres direct' website.

Might be worth checking whether a Honda dealer could get hold of the original tyres first? HTH

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Citrus Smoothie said:
I have looked for them in the past (not particularly thoroughly) and could not find them in the UK. I ended up buying the next best low rolling resistance Bridgestones (still in the garage at the moment) from a 'tyres direct' website.

Might be worth checking whether a Honda dealer could get hold of the original tyres first? HTH
What is the number of those if you don't mind me asking? Also, how did you find out that they were the "next best" RR? - I have had zero luck trying to find actual figures for this in the past.

Ours still has the (original?) OEMs and there's plenty of tread left.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kalmar

Spoke to Honda and they dont have a tyre designation listed (just Bridgestone). My car has B391s all round so I guess they were OE for the UK not the Potenzas. My dealer can get them but there £59 each inc fitting. http://www.mytyres.co.uk can supply the same for £31

Regards

John

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Hmmm, just to note. The Potenza RE92's in that size are made in Japan. So when they run out of stock in the States here, which they do quite often, they can be on backorder for a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I bought the Bridgestone B330 EVO from the mytyres website in August last year for £31.50 each. I remember that they actually quoted low rolling resistance for these. Haven't fitted them yet.

G

·
0 Posts
Fitted 185/60/14 Dunlop S2000 to mine, haven't noticed any real difference in fuel consumption, although stability & cornering are massively improved.

Food for thought.

G

·
0 Posts
Rick said:
The OEM tire is Bridgestone Potenza RE92 165/65/14. I believe the B391 is used on the 5 speed Civic Hybrids.
I bought new tires from Costco... I'm 99.9% sure they were the Potenza.. I seemed to only have one choice in the matter.

I have no complaints or praises for them.. they are only 6 months old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts