Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an 03 CVT about 2 months ago. I love it. The carpool lane access is my favorite part.

I was originaly going to reset the lmpg so all the miles would be mine, but I have yet to do so. I know ever tank so far as been around 53 mpg so I don't know if I should reset.

What have other people with used Insight done?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Bought mine in 2002 with 4000+ miles, and at the time didn't even know you could reset LMPG. If I had know, I would have. The LMPG is now 20 MPG higher than when I bought the car, and it would be nice to know exactly what my mileage is.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I reset mine when I got it because it was horrible - 47mpg.

I reset it and then loaned it to my father for 3 months while non-LRR tires were installed, he helped kill it down to 59 mpg over a few thousand miles. I now have the correct tires and it is gradually coming up, now it's at 63.4. For the last 2000 miles I have been keeping track and I'm at around 69mpg.

For the most part, I'd reset so you know how YOU are doing. That's just my humble opinion though. :?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought mine about a month ago and it had 56,000 miles on it. I decided NOT to reset mine. I wanted it to show the actual lifetime milage, not just my milage.

Blue-AZ

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Just reset trip B and never touch it again. Every time the miles on that trip hit 2000 it will go back to 0, but it's still calculating the mpg. I think I have at least 25,000 miles on my trip B right now.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I bought mine this year, with 68k miles and a LMPG or 48.4. I was going to reset it, but I ended up deciding not to. Instead, I reset trip meter A and let that run MY LMPG. So far it's showing about 63, and I've raised the actual LMPG to 49.8. Even though the trip meter miles wrap around, it still maintains the true total miles internally and the mileage is calculated correctly. If I had it to do over again, I would have used trip meter B though.

I decided resetting the LMPG went against the whole idea of "lifetime miles per gallon", so I choose this route.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My vote is to reset it. I reset my lmpg becase I wanted it to reflect MY mileage and I like having three trip meters (TripA=tank; TripB=long trip; FCD=every trip). If you record the mileage and lmpg prior to the reset, you can always calculate the car's overall lmpg. JoeS.

·
Registered
133 Posts
For me, the decision was easy:

1) The mileage of the previous owner was irrelevant to me.

2) When I bought my car with 43k miles, the LMPG was around 47. I reset it before I drove away from the dealer and now have 76.6 LMPG with 113k miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I've reset mine at least 3 times now since 2001. It catches up to how you drive anyway, so there is no fooling anyone. I say reset it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts