Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a question for you guys. I have a IMA that was purchased from Bumble bee about 4.5 years ago. It kept on giving me codes, so I did the IMA bypass. I was wondering if it would be better to try to sell the battery pack as a whole or take it apart and just sell the sticks, if you think people would want to buy them or it. I'm sure most of the sticks have to be ok. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did try charging and discharging it. It was actually working fine, then one day I was driving it and hit a huge pothole. After that it went down hill fast. I’m guessing something happen to one of the sticks or something. I was thinking about doing a stick by stick charging thing, but I’m really not comfortable with that. So, I guess I’ll list it as the whole battery in the classified section and see how it goes.

Thanks

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes I did try charging and discharging it. It was actually working fine, then one day I was driving it and hit a huge pothole. After that it went down hill fast. I’m guessing something happen to one of the sticks or something. I was thinking about doing a stick by stick charging thing, but I’m really not comfortable with that. So, I guess I’ll list it as the whole battery in the classified section and see how it goes.

Thanks
Could it possibly be some electronic control unit was damaged/disconnected? You are close enough to Scott to make a visit there easy and practical. At least that is what I would do. YMMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts