Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently picked up a 2000 Honda Insight with a bad ima battery and have plans for an engine swap down the road a little bit.

I have removed the battery pack that was in the car last week and would like to sell it. The previous owner replaced the original pack in 2014 (had bumble bee warranty tag on the battery connection plate) just recently the car threw the ima code and stopped charging the 12v battery. I would like to sell this pack as I'm sure there are plenty of good cells in it and would like to see it not go to waste. It is located in Salem Oregon, an hour south of Portland Oregon/ Vancouver Washington. I'm asking $200 but open to offers. Will include the blower motor as well. Bcm is sold sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
If it doesn't sell here, try contact Bumblebee batteries. I'm sure they'd be glad to buy your core from you. I got an offer from them for mine back when I thought I'd have to get rid of it (had the IMA light due to broken ground straps).

·
Super Moderator
6,871 Posts
@K7

Please click "User CP" above and then "edit my details" on the left bar. You can list a general location to appear with your avatar. It will help all concerned as you continue to be a member. Isn't mandatory but it sure helps:)

Send me a PM with asking price for the BCM.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally updated my profile location, sorry it took so long but I usually just acess this forum from my cell phone.

Ill pm you a price right now.

and I believe they bought my previous ima battery from a 06 insight I parted out a few years back. thanks guys

·
Registered
108 Posts
I sold one a year and a half back and didn't think through about shipping costs. It cost me nearly $90 to ship. Not sure if you are just trying to help others out or make a little extra cash. Shipping these gets expensive quickly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So the Bumblebee pack, installed in 2014, lasted less than 5 years before throwing IMA codes, just like mine.

Hmmm...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
So the Bumblebee pack, installed in 2014, lasted less than 5 years before throwing IMA codes, just like mine.

Hmmm...
Those are good examples of why we suggest to start maintenance (balance) grid charging the IMA battery after ~1 year of use. :)

Try a grid charge then a slow discharge and another grid charge to [hopefully] rejuvenate the battery.

As an example of what happens with a grid charge maintenance program, I have a 6 year old Honda warranty replacement battery in my car that doesn't throw codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts