Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my OBDIIC&C gauge from Eli at Bumblebee in the mail today. To say that I am pleased with it would be an understatement. Eli meticulously hand-assembled it and the case and fitment are simply superb. To those of you on the fence, get it now! It's worth every penny and Eli's craftsmanship is first rate.:D

·
6,933 Posts
Our cost for a fully assembled OBDIIC&C Gauge is $140 via PayPal.

This does not include Peter's cost. Contact him for more information.

·
Administrator
10,772 Posts
My charge is $60 US via paypal which covers the bare pcb, obdii plug, 5 ways switch and the hundreds of hours that have gone into the R&D.

Eli's cost is on top of this.

It makes the gauge comparable to a Scangauge II in price.

V0.04 is being worked on and will give access to every parameter available from the G1 ECM and MCM I'm upto about 140 so far :) Ditto the HCH1 as well.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My charge is $60 US via paypal which covers the bare pcb, obdii plug, 5 ways switch and the hundreds of hours that have gone into the R&D.

Eli's cost is on top of this.

It makes the gauge comparable to a Scangauge II in price.

V0.04 is being worked on and will give access to every parameter available from the G1 ECM and MCM I'm upto about 140 so far :) Ditto the HCH1 as well.
And I think when he says version 4.0 he does not mean you need to wait for the V4.0 before you buy, he is talking about versions you can load yourself into the current gauge. I think to get the latest Scangauge features you buy the next version. I think you can just download Peter's version updates.

·
Administrator
10,772 Posts
All software updates are FOC at the moment and compatible with the current OBDIIC&C hardware. Just load the version you prefer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for the replies. The price sounds very reasonable, considering the personalized functionality. Sounds like one of these will be in my near future as well!

M

·
0 Posts
It's definitely worth the buy. I snagged one of Eli's first units out and I've been super impressed with it. I just hold it up with some double sided tape underneath my radio and it gives great detail over all of the features of the car. I only wish it was slightly thinner Haha. Then again, I'm really not complaining because it really helps me maximize gas economy. That and it clears out all of those pesky codes that my normal scanner won't drop.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
One caveat: DON'T LEAVE IT SITTING ON THE DASH IN THE SUN ALL DAY EVERY DAY!

I left mine on the dash in the sun on a particularly hot day and it's slightly banana-shaped now. The case plastic isn't high-temperature!

That said, would I buy/build again? You bet.

Sam

·
6,933 Posts
One caveat: DON'T LEAVE IT SITTING ON THE DASH IN THE SUN ALL DAY EVERY DAY!

I left mine on the dash in the sun on a particularly hot day and it's slightly banana-shaped now. The case plastic isn't high-temperature!

That said, would I buy/build again? You bet.

Sam
That's two. :(

I posted about this in the main thread.

Sorry. The case is definitely the fly in the ointment, but eh.. it's functional. If we come up with hardware V0.02 and a subsequent case, we'll have to make sure the case is backwards compatible so all of the first adopters have a solution. Thinner, and automotive grade! lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can you tell me exactly what this scanner does?

Sorry, I'm not savvy on this. Other than the codes, does this tell you about the condition of the battery. How does it tell you about driving style and gas mileage.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, I'm not savvy on this. Other than the codes, does this tell you about the condition of the battery. How does it tell you about driving style and gas mileage.
It doesn't tell you anything except for gauge readouts. You have to infer battery condition and driving style from the data presented in real-time. With practice you can get good at it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I realize this is a 2 year old thread, but are these still available? I'd like to be able to have more data than just what the lights show on the cluster.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts