Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Insight for a year and I have no idea what the small button on the left side of the sterring column housing is for? I've check the site and th owner's manual. Can anyone enlighten me?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Thats deffinitely not factory. Is there an aftermarket alarm on the car? It might be the manual over ride for if your remote goes dead on you. If it is they put it in a bad spot, it's supposed to be hidden.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Umbra... that little button you described is the Valet disarm switch. It's used to place the security system " on hold " - i.e. washed, serviced or valet parked. It is a part of an original factory installed alarm system. I've got much more in my alarm book if I can help. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mitch! I have an alarm system but I don't recall seeing a book specifically for that option, but I'll take another look through the glovebox. Is there an indicator on the dash that shows the alarm status when you push the button?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had to special order my alarm book - the previous owner didn't see fit to trade it in with the car :shock: Yes there is a light, it sits on the steering colume, ya can't miss it blinking at night when the alarm is on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mitch;

When I got the car new I remember that there was an extra set of key fobs in the glovebox. I put them away in a drawer. Last nigh I got them out and compared them with the originals. The ones I stored are for the security system. I took one out to the garage and hit the "OPTION" button and the security system engaged. Thanks for the info......I've been driving around without a working security system for a year! Yes, no problem seeing the red light on the steering column.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts