Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks-
My 1997 Honda Civic (gas-powered car) has 183,000 miles on its odometer and I'm hoping for my next car to be the new Insight. As you folks know, they're due out by April. Is there some kind of list I can get on to buy one of these?

·
Registered
330 Posts
All dealers around here in AZ are making list. Hopefully they won't add too much to the price like they have done in the past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, folks. Let's hope they're not adding a premium above the MSRP, as I've seen a Volkwagen dealer do on the TDI, and I've heard Toyota dealers do for the Prius. That practice strikes me as unsavory, and one that a Honda dealer probably wouldn't follow.

·
3,641 Posts
Show him a $500 check and tell him you'll sign a contract!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spoke to the car dealer's general manager and he eventually connected me with the right person. I'm number one on the list. Without a deposit! (?)

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Put down some money on it if you want to be first. My father (#11 on the list at the time) got the first Insight in Mobile, AL only because he was the only one to put down some cash for it, $20 if I remember correctly, and the other 18 on the list didn't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just read the European version of the 2009 Insight is getting about 51 mpg and the estimate for the US version is going to be around 45-48 mpg. Estimates also seem to have the base model at just under $20,000.

Is it my imagination or are there more 2000-2006 Insights for sale on Ebay recently? I guess the sellers are trying to optimize the value of the 2 seater before the new 2009 comes out. One guy is even asking $19,000 for a 2006 w/ 50,000 miles. Gee, for a few grand more, wait a few months and get a new 5 passenger Insight.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey, folks-
My 1997 Honda Civic (gas-powered car) has 183,000 miles on its odometer and I'm hoping for my next car to be the new Insight. As you folks know, they're due out by April. Is there some kind of list I can get on to buy one of these?
Are you saying that 183,000 miles is a lot? My 1998 Civic HX has 226,000 miles, still purrs like a kitten and gets over 40 mpg without much effort. I say bide your time. People always pay a premium just to be one of the first. You'll be kicking yourself a year later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts