Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running an Amsoil BMK-13 dual remote bypass setup, http://www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters/200 ... Hybrid.pdf
Is anyone else running bypass filtration on their Insight? Does anybody else monitor their engine with oil analysis? My oil analysis guy recently recommended the RLI 0w-20, he's been testing this oil specifically and says he's not seen another oil perform like this to date! It's real expensive, and I haven't tried it yet. From what I understand, it's "vegetable oil" based instead of petro! Is anyone using this oil? Check it out... http://www.renewablelube.com/

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
pretendtobenormal said:
Does anybody else monitor their engine with oil analysis? My oil analysis guy recently recommended the RLI 0w-20, he's been testing this oil specifically and says he's not seen another oil perform like this to date!
Would I be correct in guessing that your oil analysis guy is Terry Dyson? I'm a big fan of oil analysis, its the only real way to determine how your engine (and the oil) are doing. I've purchased from Terry in the past, but I do most of my analysis with Blackstone Labs.

Currently, I'm using Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20. I'll probably switch to Amsoil 0w-20 in the spring. I'm running that in our other car (a Ford Focus) right now and an analysis of the oil at 6500 miles shows its doing great. I'll have a better opinion of the Amsoil 0w-20 in the spring when I do another analysis of the oil at closer to 12000 miles. I haven't done an analysis on the PP 0w-20 in the Insight yet.

As for the Renewable Lube 0w-20, I agree that it seems to be getting some awesome reviews via oil analysis. Personally, I'm still holding off on it though. They are really new to the game and I prefer to have some other people be the guinea pigs. Amsoil makes great oils and they have a long history of making great oils too. I might switch to Renewable Lube in the future, but I'm not willing to do so yet.

-Bryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts