Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to California DMV, my brand new 2005 Insight CVT is not qualified for the HOV lane stickers because

2005 INSIGHT HYBRID - not qualified due to lack of compliance with ATPZEV emission standard.

Has anyone gotten these anyways? Whats up with this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i'd say just send away for it, and if you get 'em are caught after the fact, just plead ignorance. i think you'll get 'em.

LITTLE STORY: when they FIRST formally announced this program, i sent away the request (crude form)... with no money.

then when the "official" form came out, i resent that one WITH the $8. i got my decals a few weeks later.

then about 3 weeks ago, i get a letter from the DMV regarding my initial request for the HOV decals. it was a notice telling me as soon as i send my $8, they'll send me my decals! (lol) well, i'm not gonna take advantage. but i think it's a clear indicator as to how chaotic things must be up there. TAKE ADVANTAGE! (ha)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

I sent in the $8 anyways. If I get the stickers, great. If not it won't be the first $8 I thrown away.

·
Registered
107 Posts
CA Clear Air Stickers for 2006 work too!

I got my $8 and the form (got the form from Norm Reeves Honda when I bought the car!), but I had to wait until I got my license plates from the DMV before I could send it in.

I bought the car on Feb. 3, 2006, finally received the stickers on April 22nd, 2006. Will try out the car pool lane tomorrow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts