Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I have been through a lot of threads, is there some instructions and pics/diagrams on how to properly install this switch? Greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
The best threads on this, IMHO are:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best threads on this, IMHO are:

Thank you so much, greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO Calpod is the single best mod you can do to the G1 insight.
Thank you. Please tell me, did you do the terminations at the top of clutch? there is little room to get underneath that dash. wonder if there is anywhere else to access the wires , like under the hood or by fuse box or...? fat old geezer like me will have trouble squeezing under there!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can access the leads by the ECM (passenger footwell).
Thank you, when I look it up I get ECU/ECM confusing things. So the wires terminate into the ECM via a connector? It sounds easier than right at the clutch switch, I just need to find the ECM now. If you know which connector or where a diagram or pic is I would be grateful. Thanks, much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
The clutch switch is a ground circuit. The wire for the circuit is in a loom that is right in the front side of the center console on the drivers side of the car on US models. For access, remove the center console, 4 screws and 2 plastic clips. There are 2 looms in the same area, if I remember correctly the clutch switch wire is red. You will need to test the red wires in that part of the loom and make sure it’s correct. Once you have the correct wire you can tap into it with your method of choice, I like a simple T-tap.

With another piece of wire you can put a ring terminal and attach it to a bolt under the left side of the dash, I like to use a bolt under the dash near the hood release. There are a couple to choose from.
Install a switch of your choice between those connections and you should be in business.

Scott

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The clutch switch is a ground circuit. The wire for the circuit is in a loom that is right in the front side of the center console on the drivers side of the car on US models. For access, remove the center console, 4 screws and 2 plastic clips. There are 2 looms in the same area, if I remember correctly the clutch switch wire is red. You will need to test the red wires in that part of the loom and make sure it’s correct. Once you have the correct wire you can tap into it with your method of choice, I like a simple T-tap. View attachment 90923
With another piece of wire you can put a ring terminal and attach it to a bolt under the left side of the dash, I like to use a bolt under the dash near the hood release. There are a couple to choose from.
Install a switch of your choice between those connections and you should be in business.

Scott
Thanks Scott. yeah that sounds easier than crawling under the dash. I can push the clutch in and hold there with a bat or stick and see which red wire it is. too bad it isnt Red with a blue stripe or something. that console might be a good area to mount the switch too. Appreciate the thoughts! Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts