Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to become a newbie :D and purchase a Silver 06 insight. I travel 75 miles to work one way, and it might be nice to have cruise for some occasions (when I am going downhill and might get pulled ove by the law). Anyone know about this? Thanks! Kay

·
Registered
466 Posts
the one people seem to use on these cars is made by rostra. sorry, thats all i know about it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
love2ski said:
I am about to become a newbie :D and purchase a Silver 06 insight. I travel 75 miles to work one way, and it might be nice to have cruise for some occasions (when I am going downhill and might get pulled ove by the law). Anyone know about this? Thanks! Kay

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3930

The search function is a wonderful thing.... 8)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cruise Control

I've had the Rostra cruise control on my 2001, manual Insight for the past 4 years. It works great. I currently have 213,000 miles on the car. No battery problems yet. I had a problem with the cruise control after about 3 years but it was under warranty and was fixed at no charge. There are only certain places that will install them. I live in Cleveland, Ohio and had to travel to Columbus to get it installed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Installing Rostra Cruise Control

I too am a "newbie". I have about 6 weeks and 2500 Miles on my 2006 Silver 5 speed. Although I am bummed about not getting a tax credit.

I found this link:
http://portev.org/solectria/ho/incruise.htm
very helpful while installing The Rostra. Lots of pictures and suggestions.

One thing I found helpful when working "under the dash" was to park with the side I was working under next to the curb and laying on the sidewalk on my back sliding into car from there. I am 6' tall and over weight so you may have no problem getting under the dash. I used the supplied fuse pick off, after determining which side of the fuse was fused, but I think I will replace that with an inline fuse and a wire tap from the fuse block. Also I found it very hard to feed the connectors through the heater control cable hole and I popped them apart and after feeding the wires through I just popped them back in the connectors. I do have a Molex tool for removing them so I don’t know if you will be able to do this.

Best of luck, and welcome aboard.

Frank.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know of a place that will actually install cruise control...preferably in the Ohio area? Very important for me to have a car that has cruise on it, but I dont want to try and install it myself.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
One of my local stereo and auto accessories stores installed my Rostra with no problems whatsoever, in about three hours. Many of these install shops work in concert with car dealers (for tint, stereo or speaker upgrades, navi installs, etc.) so ask your dealership if they use anyone, or just stop by one of those places and ask... :D

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I have an unused Rostra unit that I bought when I first got the car last May. I don't think I'll ever put it in, since I'm doing Mima.

If you are interested pm me

Wayne

·
Hybrid Technologist
313 Posts
I thought CC and MIMA / PIMA go hand in hand.

You use PIMA to give you electric boost in CC to get you over those camel humps in the road and bridge overpasses so that the CC does not lose speed.

I intend to use both.
:D -John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts