Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found/bought an Insight after a 6 week search.

Wondering if Cruise Control can be installed...and what are the pro's and con's of that, any considerations I should be aware of? It's an automatic transmission; 2003.

I did a Search for 'Cruise Control' but got waaaay too many returns to wade through them all at this late hour. My apologies if there was some obvious post answering these questions; I didn't see it after looking around for a few mins.

Thanks,
Katrina
Durango CO

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
See a very recent one here:

Cruise Control in Tampa Bay, Florida
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=3930

Sometimes an "easy" preliminary search is to merely scan the frist page or two of a forum and look at the post titles. The one above is on page one (right now) of this forum. :) ( a recent post )

Now you know a brand. You'll now have to shop for a local installer. Or try DIY if your technically inclined. Shop the web for the kit AFAI remember Rostra has their own site.

HTH! :)

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Sorry missed a couple of details in my first reply.

The pros: Better MPG on looong trips when driver fatigue sets in.

The con's; In general slightly lower MPG than what is humanly attainable. (until driver fatigue sets in)

Also see:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=3758

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Clean Air said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I must not understand how to use the Search function. Or...how it works.

I did a search in the Mod & Troubleshooting Forum and limited it only to the Honda Insight Forum, (in the second search criteria).

I got a page returning 165 results. And on the first page, ther e is only ONE subject containing the words "cruise control." When I opened several of the other posts...to see if the keywords were in the body of the post....I can't find any that reference cruise control. So why am I getting ALL these returns with my query?

And really, more importantly, how can I FIND posts that relate to my query?

Thanks again,
Katrina
SENT:

PM & Posted for the Groups benefit

Using any search engine simply takes practice and _well_ chosen search key words. Plus some time in wading through the results to find what your looking for.

What I find as the best way to search here @ IC is to use the functions:

"Display results as:" posts (bullet)

and

"return first" 1000 "characters of posts" (pull down)

and don't forget to select the

"search for all terms" (bullet) when using a phrase.

I just got 255 results with the 3rd result being the first link I gave you. ;) (the first 2 are our exchanges in your thread) Specifically searching for "Cruise control" here at IC will generate a lot of hits in response. It's been widely discussed. I also just Googled "cruise control" and got 3,220,000 hits in response :!: :shock: A lifetime of reading :p

Being a moderator I also "cheat" in that I keep a local copy of the threads that I participate, am interested in, or believe will be FAQ. Most browser's support this "feature". So I can also "search" this smaller data base with fewer hits as a result and a easier find (usually ;) ) As a new Insighter I'd recommend the same for you (begin building your own Insight database from posts here).

What would be of more help is for a search limited by topic rather than the topic and text bullet we now only have. If the OP (original poster) has chosen her title for the thread correctly this would give more "bull's eye" search hits. But that too is hit and miss in many forums (poorly chosen thread titles). I've inquired about this change but it will take a major addition for BBcode's search engine and I don't see it happening any time soon. :(

BBcode is open source software. Do you know any programmers interested in the task :?:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts