Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I don't think leaving it on all day would be a good idea even if you had a battery trickle charge because all of the IMA components in the back are powered up as well when the display is illuminated. The one thing that I can think of that would only use power when people are looking and have the cool display startup, would be to use a normally closed relay in the ignition with a remote control switch (the key left in the correct posistion). You would remotely engage the relay while people are not looking at the display. When disengaged, the contacts would close and it would be like turning the ignition key to the on position. Also, you could drive it home with the normally closed relay. Here would be an idea using a remote A / B cable switching device from Radio Shack like the one shown here:http://cgi.ebay.com/A-B-SWITCH-FROM...emZ110108438260QQcategoryZ64596QQcmdZViewItem
Just use the hot ignition wire as the cable wire. I have seen the inside of this remote so yes, it should work. Just be careful with remotes providing a voltage like a remote A/C switch. They would have to be internally modifed to bypass the power wires.

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts