Premium Member
2005 G1 NFR 5spd
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: mudder

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Why would this be salvage except for someone yanking out the IMA?

MparkH - Looks like you may want to make a trip for Lazarus spares if not to save this one too...

·
Linsight Designer
2,622 Posts
MY2000 with Canadian VIN#22... that's worth saving before you even consider it's a citrus. I'll donate an LiBCM PCB to whomever salvages this vehicle... that should solve the "someone took the IMA battery" problem*.

I'd love to see it at InsightFest next spring! Seriously there's nothing wrong with that body... find some replacement rear wheel covers, give it a good buffing, and someone has saved a rare citrus. Here's a direct link to save y'all a click.

*You'd still need to find a plastic IMA battery enclosure and procure the lithium modules, etc.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
If anyone on this site is intending to make a run for this, I think we need to talk here vs. bid each other up on Copart...

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I incorrectly thought this car was in Canada.
But since it is not far away in MN I have access to account and may likely bid for a customer of mine.
Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss.

·
Linsight Designer
2,622 Posts
Go for it, Eric! If your customer wants it anytime soon, you'd need to give him a "limp-along" battery until LiBCM is released to general population. I absolutely don't want LiBCM in customer vehicles until the beta testers are good and done pointing out all their gripes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Eric, Others,
I just saw this discussion. I've been eying this Copart Citrus for over a week or so. I plan to take a trip up to Minneapolis soon for other reasons and will take a look at it. I am attempting to find out the odometer reading. If it's available online then I'll find it otherwise I'll bring along an extra 12V and see what I can see. I have two extra "limp-along" IMA batteries. But I do not want to bid against others on InsightCentral. I should not buy this car at this point but if the mileage is low enough then I will be motivated to get it. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
let me know - being a Canuck in Texas, I have salivating at the opportunity to swing through and grab it too.

·
Registered
2002 Blue 5MT
40 Posts
I'll be bidding on this

·
Registered
305 Posts
MparkH - Looks like you may want to make a trip for Lazarus spares if not to save this one too...
Having just got the spare silver Insight out of the driveway, my wife would KILL me for dragging home another.

I see others plan to buy it, which is good. Removes the temptation. It’s only 3 hours from me.

- Park

·
Linsight Designer
2,622 Posts
Having just got the spare silver Insight out of the driveway, my wife would KILL me for dragging home another.
After I donated Sawbite to Lane last December, my wife wouldn't let me 'buy' another insight. I got her on a technicality: my latest insight acquisition was free ;).

I see others plan to buy it, which is good. Removes the temptation. It’s only 3 hours from me.
Whomever ends up buying it, send me a PM and we'll work out the LiBCM details.

·
Registered
305 Posts
my wife wouldn't let me 'buy' another insight. I got her on a technicality: my latest insight acquisition was free ;).
Wife: “TECHNICALLY, we are married. PRACTICALLY, you’re sleeping in the car.” 🤣

- Park

·
Registered
2002 Blue 5MT
40 Posts
my wife would KILL me for dragging home another.
Oh mine will too, I'm just betting that she won't notice it until the statute of limitations expires

Reactions: MparkH

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was up in Minneapolis on Monday but Copart isn't letting anyone see this car until Copart receives the title from the state. I was attempting to see the car in order to determine the lifetime odometer reading. No luck of course.

·
Registered
2002 Blue 5MT
40 Posts
~240k miles.

Reactions: DaveF

·
Registered
2002 Blue 5MT
40 Posts
Eric, Others,
I just saw this discussion. I've been eying this Copart Citrus for over a week or so. I plan to take a trip up to Minneapolis soon for other reasons and will take a look at it. I am attempting to find out the odometer reading. If it's available online then I'll find it otherwise I'll bring along an extra 12V and see what I can see. I have two extra "limp-along" IMA batteries. But I do not want to bid against others on InsightCentral. I should not buy this car at this point but if the mileage is low enough then I will be motivated to get it. I'll let you know what I find out.
If you were still interested, it goes live tomorrow. I'm planning on going to $500 on it - above that is all yours.

·
Linsight Designer
2,622 Posts
Wow, it's only $325 right now... looks like it's had a hard life.
@jpr, you're planning on restoring it with the LiBCM PCB, correct?

·
Premium Member
2005 G1 NFR 5spd
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was someone on IC able to buy it from Coparts? What was the mileage?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts