Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
There are cars that control light via CANbus. There are cars with CAN sensors that sense current flow and detect blown bulbs. The Insight has some CANbus controls. If you have the light sensor on the passenger side of the dash, if your driver display warns you about broken bulbs, then you also have CAN sensoring. IMHO the Insight Gen2 only has CANbus control.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have CANBUS HIDs in my Insight, but I know other Insighters who have non-CANBUS HID kits and run them with no issues.

One of my HID lamps went bust. Luckily I had a reserve pair (they are very cheap anyway but shipping from China takes a month). No warning on the dash.
I've been messing around with the headlights but have not triggered any warning whatsoever.

The ballasts may produce a high-frequency signal from the power modulator inside, but apparently the ZE2 doesn't care.
LEDs have power regulators too and may cause interference with the radio, so that would be a thing to watch out for if you do use the radio.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Radio

I have CANBUS HIDs in my Insight, but I know other Insighters who have non-CANBUS HID kits and run them with no issues.

One of my HID lamps went bust. Luckily I had a reserve pair (they are very cheap anyway but shipping from China takes a month). No warning on the dash.
I've been messing around with the headlights but have not triggered any warning whatsoever.

The ballasts may produce a high-frequency signal from the power modulator inside, but apparently the ZE2 doesn't care.
LEDs have power regulators too and may cause interference with the radio, so that would be a thing to watch out for if you do use the radio.
Good advice ref radio, couldn't do without it here in Ireland, lots of long early journeys to and from school/sports

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Good advice ref radio, couldn't do without it here in Ireland, lots of long early journeys to and from school/sports
Just hearsay as my own HID headlights and all the LEDs elsewhere do not cause radio interference. Fingers crossed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
RedDevil
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing