Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 127,000 miles on my Insight and just had to replace the cadalytic converter. It'll be worn out soon so I can hardly wait. Still getting 60mpg!

gotta love it!

Any word on a release date???

·
Registered
348 Posts
I can't wait either for the IMA-S. Hope it WILL come. I can't even get a brand spanking new Insight over here. I tried asking my dealer, he has good connections to Honda-Japan, ABSOLUTELY NO chance :(

An Insight in white, with a black cevlar hood....that'll be something :shock:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Ouch, how much did the cat run you? I know they're freakin expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
The IMAS is the only car that I would actually waste money on by buying from new. I can't wait either. :cry:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Went surfing around trying to find out if the IMAS will be shown anywhere on the west coast, but I couldn't find any sites mentioning it :( Anyone know of any upcoming shows large enough to possibly have it?

Anyways, in my search I did run across this site that has a lot of close-up pictures of the IMAS from its appearance at shows in January:
http://www.conceptcarz.com/folder/vehicle.asp?whichpage=1&sortyBy=&pagesize=8&car_id=7449&vehicleTypeID=0&PrintAllPictures=true

In these shots you can see some of the details such as the turn signals on the outside of the mirrors and what looks like a lock on the hood, maybe that's just to keep people from spying on the engine during shows :wink: And after going thru the images again it looks like the head lights are part of the hood or fit thru holes in it. And there are no door handles :?: I hadn't noticed these till just now (even though some are perfectly clear looking at the old images as well.)

·
Registered
348 Posts
The "lock" beside the Honda-badge is actually a camera.
If "night-vision" or "radar-brake", I don't know..... :)

I'd wish to see the car in a driveable version. Somewhere on the web I read that the engine fitted is a 2 litre 4 cylinder :shock:
I cannot find the link though.....

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Thanks Dazey - seeing it in close up like that makes me want it even more! :twisted: I hope most of those design features make it through to the production model.

No.166 - Unlikely that it is a two litre engine because the claimed MPG figures are significantly higher than our Insights (can't remember what they are). Then again, on the other hand, the IMAS could be making full use of Honda's new Variable Cylinder Management and able to close down cylinders that are not needed....hmmm....

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't know the mpg-figures, but the average consumption over 100kms is 2,4 litres. Compared to an average of 3,4 litres with the Insight.
And it IS a 2 litre 4-banger.....I'll look for the link :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi All:

___Honda already has trouble selling Insight’s. What if the IMAS were to cost $40,000 to actually make it a profitable vehicle? Any takers? How many other US and Canadian citizens would buck up for one at that price or possibly even higher? The Acura NSX has been battling this problem for quite some time also albeit in the supercar price range …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2xxhabcr][email protected][/email:2xxhabcr]

·
Registered
264 Posts
The IMAS looks spaceage enough that I think it would definatly have enoug interest to make it desirable to a lot of people..

As for profitable? Are you serious? The actual cost that Honda incurs for making integras... I know that dealers pick them up for 18K and then turn around and sell the for 30K ...

So actual costs to make one... hmm.. probably in the 10K mark for Honda... I in know way feel any compassion for any car maker they are all greedy... just look and Honda profits that sould be enough to convince you... and don't give me the speech that they are in it to make money everyone knows that including me.,.... there's a difference between making money and overpricing products and getting the public to believe what your selling is worth it..

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
"How many other US and Canadian citizens would buck up for one at that price or possibly even higher?"

How many people buy Mercedes, BMWs Porsches, and other stuff at much higher prices? Heck, even Corvettes & Hummers cost way more, yet AFAIK there's no reason they should cost significantly more to produce than your basic economy car.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cadylitic conv $$$

$1200. Don't waste money on the fuel induction cleaning. It didn't do squat.

Still no news on the IMAS release date. I hope it won't cost more than the Insight. I know a guy selling his silver 02 or 03. He wants a silverado when they come out.

can hardly wait!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts