Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody makes a quality car cover for the Insight. I recently had to move and no longer have a garage, so I'd like to get a car cover to protect the car a bit better outside. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Covercraft has a pattern which fits like a glove.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx. Which model of cover did you get? I saw on one website they have several different fabric types. And they ain't cheap. One site I came across listed them at $270. Better be good at that price.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I got tan flannel as it's the softest they have. It's not an outdoor cover and will just absorb every drop of water if rained on so unless you live in a dry place like I do I can't recommend it. Most of the others are pretty good also. I have a Noah one for my Camaro to protect it from swamp cooler drips, which works nicely, though I wouldn't mind a softer material touching the paint.

Yes they are expensive, but the quality is spectacular. Consider they will bring up the Insight pattern and make you a custom one a few days after you order it and probably won't make another for a while to come after that. It's no off the shelf cover if you get one from them. The main thing is unlike a one size fits all cover it will not move or blow off of the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Having a custom fit car cover would really be a plus. Earlier this year I was going to be away for a couple of months and purchased a cover that was soft and otherwise okay except it did not fit the Insight well.

Within the first week we had high winds and the cover mostly came off, uncovering most of the Insight. Fortunatley it was tied across the bottom so it didn't leave the car. It was also fortunate that my wife was home and she was able to readjust the cover whenever it came loose.

Shortly after that episode I was to be away for about 4 months and my wife was going with me. Before leaving I tied the bottom of the cover securely, and also tied the cover to the mirrors, and then tried to secure the front and rear as tightly as possible.

I've used custom fit covers for other cars but didn't know of one that was made for the Insight. Rick, thanks for the tip about your cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts