Honda Insight Forum banner

Car Covers

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  boojum 
#1 ·
Who sells a nice high quality fitted car cover for the 1st Gen? I looked around but didn't find anything:(

#2 ·
I'm pretty sure this is the one I bought. There are plenty of options, depending on how you are going to use it. It fits nicely, but I use a piece of light rope tied to the grommet on one side and a carabiner on the other end to keep it from blowing off in the wind.

Covercraft

Sam

#3 ·
I see that the link doesn't take you to the exact cover. I got the Reflectect model, but there are plenty of other choices.

Sam

#5 ·
In 2002, I purchased a Covercraft Dustop cover with 2 mirror pockets. This cover is designed to be used indoors to keep dust and dirt off the paint, but not for outdoor use. It fits like a glove.

For 10 years, I have put on almost every time I have parked in my parking space (parking garage and carport). The mirror pockets are just starting to tear. If I were still in the U.S., I'd probably buy a replacement, but the shipping to Sweden makes it too expensive.

#7 ·
No need to do that. The Covercraft ones made for the Insight fit very well.

Sam

#16 ·
I've done the "remove-the-antenna" thing with my Miata, and I don't really like it. I cover the car every day at work, so the short antenna works better for me. It I stored it for longer periods it would be less of a problem.

Sam

#18 ·
#19 ·
I bought a Covercraft cover for my 2001. It fits like a glove and has those mirror pockets. What I did not take into account was the rain! So I am passing it on to one of our stellar members when we get together for the NorCal meetup. I mistakenly ordered one from the guy in SoCal and it has no pockets and I find their customer service is just plain awful, bordering on snotty. I will probably return the new waterproof cover because it has no pockets and replace it with one from Covercraft. Their product is a better one and there customer service is way better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.