Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ME: "Uh noooo, it's a hybrid."

CAR GUY: "Yeah an EV1. They were all crushed back in 2000. How did you get ahold of one? Hey guys come look at this...."

MORE CAR GUYS: "Wow that's a rarity. Can I drive it? How far can it go on a battery? What's the top speed? Did you steal it? I thought they were all crushed."

ME: (sigh)

DON'T EVER GO TO BOB'S BIG BOY IN BURBANK. You will run into a bunch of car guys with really nice 40s/50s/60s collectibles, but clueless about modern cars, and they will mistake your Insight for an EV1. ;) :) :D

·
Super Moderator
4,721 Posts
Funny!

Sam

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The worst part is they don't listen. It's as if car collectors think they know more than the actual owner.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The worst part is they don't listen. It's as if car collectors think they know more than the actual owner.
Ha! Try driving an RX-7. I used to park mine at shows, then wander away and come back 10 minutes later as an onlooker. Really should have recorded the conversations. And then to be corrected by people who don't know an alternator from a turbocharger.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Same happened to me a couple times. They wouldn't say EV1, but you knew what they were referencing when they asked if it was all electric and that they heard they were crushed. It must be the rear fairings that make it confusing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts