Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone; Yesterday I entered my Insight in another large show. ( I do this alot) I have tried to maximize it's appeal with tinted glass, removal of some emblems including the front hood H (really makes it look clean) no rear wiper or right side mirror. Also I have it highly polished and several coats of wax, wheel wells and underside of car and engine wiped laboratory clean. Anyway, WOW! because of recent gas price hikes, I have NEVER seen such a frenzy around my car as I did at yesterdays show. It was downtown here in Kennewick, WA on a bright sunny saturday. I was parked next to a 400 hp "70 Dodge Charger with beautiful yellow paint. But it wasn't even close. My little car drew the crowds. I had a window sticker on each side stating the main technical points, and an example of a recent 1282 mile trip; 90.2 mph, 20 driving hours, 14.2 gallons of gas, 0.71 gallons per hour, etc,etc. Anyway, there is definately a renewed interest, urgency or something going on, that people want to know all about my car. My voice was hoarse after talking to so many folks, and answering lots of questions, but I had fun.....Billy.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
i use to be in the car show scene, i thought about some mods here and there... Which is what I am doing right now... do you have any pics?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Great Job!

I may have to do this, too. I had not even thought of entering a car show, but it seems obvious now.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it's lots of fun. Most shows cost about 10 or 15$. On my info sheet taped to the window, I put "this is not an "electric car" ". I find there are lots of misconceptions. I explain to people this is a gas car, with a small electric assist during acceleration. So many of them think either you plug it in, or else it is like a Prius, driving around town with the engine off. I always emphasize the aerodynamic reasons for the highway mpg, and the lean burn system, along with the light weight aluminum. It's great to meet lots of nice people, and to sit in a chair in the sun eating my lunch and answering questions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You don't even have to enter the show, my g/f and I took the LBC to a nearby show to look at the other cars......I never saw them, spent all night explaining mine. I think they would have charged me an entry fee if they had seen the crowd I drew!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Billy said:
1282 mile trip; 90.2 mph, 20 driving hours, 14.2 gallons of gas, 0.71 gallons per hour, etc,etc.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm assuming you mean 90.2 MPG...but still :shock:

1282 miles / 20 hours = 64 miles per hour average and 90 MPG?!? You're gonna have to divulge some of your driving secrets!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts