Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I'm new to the forum and I recently purchased a 2003 Insight. It still had the factory stereo so I replaced it over the weekend with a Sony CDX-GT610Ui and Polk Audio db651s speakers. I have NO bass. I am so disappointed. I've always owned vehicles with a rear seat and had larger speakers in the back which seemed to make the difference with the bass output. I've been told to get a subwoofer - actually something called a Bazooka - but I thought I'd ask here before putting more money into it. I don't mind putting the money into it if it's going to work but don't want to be disappointed again.

Thank you!

·
Registered
80 Posts
hey,

I have some experience with the bazooka base tubes. Right now, I have one in my pick up and I am about to purchase a small 6" to put in my new used 2000 insight.

I have a small 4x20w amp that i am planning to used in TRI mode to run the 2 front 6.5's and I'm going to bridge the 2 back channels to run the 6" bazooka.

The bazookas are hard to mount because they are cylindrical and the bass isnt the best, but its good for what you pay for. Also it will take up valuable hathcback space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stereo

Thank you so much. When I looked a the bazooka I also thought that it was going to take up a lot of room, but I cannot stand to listen to the stereo as is- and I love music so the stereo is important to me!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Search...

Wayland sub

Shoebox Sub

...in this forum, it may halp you decide which way to go... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts