Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dumb question. I got a brand new Insight with the bra, and I don't know if I can drive it through a car wash with it on, or do I remove it? What do I do to not damage the bra?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Years ago I was told by you ideally should put the Bra on when you think you'll need it, which usually means on long drives and rocky roads. Leaving it on all the time is not great for the paint or waxing and if you live in salt heavy cities there's a chance it coudl promote rusting.

If you follow that rule then you should remove it to ensure a consistent wash and wax on the car and put it back on when it dries.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Honda can put a clear bra on there for ya. I have one on my I2. May be a better option than a regular bra.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Honda can put a clear bra on there for ya. I have one on my I2. May be a better option than a regular bra.
:Laughing rolling: Did you buy into the car thong too? You probably had less to worry about with paint fade (make-up lost?) with white anyways..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nah i just didn't want a black car and the only other I2 they had was white with a clear bra. So i was like alright i'll take it. I wish it had a thong but it only had the bra. Which mean the car is naked on the bottom half. THAT'S HOT!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would never leave a bra on the car except for long distance drives.

I used one on an old car I had years ago and only took it off during car washes. Amazing how much dirt/grime gets traped under there. Didn't take long before I noticed a line across the hood from where the paint was fading a little bit.

IMO, I wouldn't use one on my Insight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts