Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to make the trip from Maryland,looking to get out of jury duty,at 5pm thursday nite,,if all a go ,looking to drive down that nite,,,,anybody looking to drive down thursday nite,,,while the traffic will be low.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
How fast do you drive on the interstate?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I usually don't break 65 :p

·
Registered
235 Posts
From York, PA...

Folks -

I'd be coming from York, PA, just started looking into the route, looks like 580 miles, 9 hrs, mostly on I-76 and I-70. That's a lot of driving, I'm not going to try doing that at night before and after busy days, although I heartily understand the appeal of minimal traffic, so leaving seriously pre-dawn at least makes a lot of sense. I've driven a comparable trek to eastern New Hampshire, boy was it nice to see the destination house... A lot of driving. I usually leave for work by 4:45 AM so I'm used to seriously pre-dawn driving.

Anyone interested in a Thursday daytime caravan? Our cars all have some years on them, usually with lots of miles, having potentially helpful fellow G1 Insighters nearby for such a trek could be useful at least for warding off Murphy's Law, increasing the probability that the trek will be trouble-free for all... Besides treating people to the sight of so many Insights together of course.

Roger

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I'm probably up for a daytime Thursday caravan...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well very possible,,I have to call jury line that wensday nite,if my number don't come up am willing to roll out in the am, contact me though pm,for cell number,if you have petes number,he had mine,so anybody else want to hook up Thursday afternoon ,is my 2nd choice to leave.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes, leaving from there to a hotel in Indianapolis.
Leaving York very pre-dawn would get me there by 8am, but thinking more clearly I'm not sure I want to arrive Thursday early afternoon, so leaving York late morning to get there by late evening / early night (including break/food time) might for me at least make more sense, although having late Thursday to gab with you guys would be a lot fun.

Roger

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking to leave in afternoon,,be there early morning for breakfast,with plenty of time to take rest breaks on 70 heading in though ohio ,still looking for others to tag along,,

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking to leave in afternoon,,be there early morning for breakfast,with plenty of time to take rest breaks on 70 heading in though ohio ,still looking for others to tag along,,
If I can head to work at 04:30 I can arrive somewhere at 04:30 (pref. in Indianapolis a little earlier than that, doesn't have to be a lot earlier). Count me in. I really could use the extra half day vs. arriving Thursday afternoon.

I like the rest breaks idea, good for keeping Murphy's Law at bay.

Roger

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
great,,roger ,,pm me,,for my number,,i live in beliar md,,am heading up rt 70 to rt 68 towards wheeling west virginia,that takes us straight to rt 70,we can meet up any where along that route,let me know what your mapquest or gps has you going by,,got to be same route,petes got my number too,if you want just text him,

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Honda hybrid: email me for my phone number.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Room for one more...

I would have to leave at 4:30 in the morning to make that :-(
Hi, guys. I'm planning on leaving Cleveland early Thursday morning, driving South on I-71 to intersect with I-70. It would be great to hook up and caravan if possible. So what's the timing at this point of your planning?

Ray

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Murphy's Law Be Gone...

Folks -

I'd be coming from York, PA, just started looking into the route, looks like 580 miles, 9 hrs, mostly on I-76 and I-70. That's a lot of driving, I'm not going to try doing that at night before and after busy days, although I heartily understand the appeal of minimal traffic, so leaving seriously pre-dawn at least makes a lot of sense. I've driven a comparable trek to eastern New Hampshire, boy was it nice to see the destination house... A lot of driving. I usually leave for work by 4:45 AM so I'm used to seriously pre-dawn driving.

Anyone interested in a Thursday daytime caravan? Our cars all have some years on them, usually with lots of miles, having potentially helpful fellow G1 Insighters nearby for such a trek could be useful at least for warding off Murphy's Law, increasing the probability that the trek will be trouble-free for all... Besides treating people to the sight of so many Insights together of course.

Roger
Hi, Roger. I was planning to leave around 7 or 8 AM Thursday morning from Cleveland, go South on I-71 to Columbus and pick up I-70 W from there. If you leave York at 5AM, a rendezvous around Columbus around 9AM might work. I agree with your point about minimizing the chances of Murphy's Law screwing up our good times.

Ray

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Hi, guys. I'm planning on leaving Cleveland early Thursday morning, driving South on I-71 to intersect with I-70. It would be great to hook up and caravan if possible. So what's the timing at this point of your planning?

Ray
So far it's meeting up in the MDPA part of I-70 Thursday afternoon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts