Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be a group headed from Southern California headed to Insight Fest.

We are leaving on Friday,August 19th. This is a week ahead. It is a 3 or 4 day drive for us and we intend to get there late Sunday night or some time Monday. We are getting there early to help with the setup and final plans a few few days ahead of the meet.

We will be starting from the intersection of the 10 & 15 freeways, at 6:am. Actually we will meet at the Carl's Jr. Restaurant, just south of the freeway intersection at the Jurupa off ramp, west side of the freeway.

The current list of Caravaners is:

Willie
Killer 3 Cylinder- Scott
Keith- a friend of Scott's, driving one of Scott's cars
Klinkenputzer- Neil, he is currently a definite maybe and his nephew Rick

Desert Tracker- George, from NV, is intending to meet with us in Kingman Az, on I 40. We should be in Kingman about 11:am.

Our first night we are attempting to make it to Albuquerque, NM to meet with, Rainsux-Sam.

Saturday we intent to continue on I 40 and head toward Oklahoma City/Tulsa area.

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
Scott;
The CJ at 4555 E Jurupa St. Ontario, Ca.?
Arrive on Mon. PM or early Tue. AM?
Willie

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is the correct address for the Carl's Jr.
4555 Jurupa St, Ontario, CA 91761.

Depending on all factors of a road trip, we could be there Sunday night at the earliest, we will probably arrive sometime Monday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For you CA boys, if you can make it to Kingman on the gas you have it's the cheapest until you get to Albuquerque. I'll post the cheapest gas price right off the highway maybe we can meet there. It's usually Safeway a block off of 40. George

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gas in Kingman, hahaha, I was thinking we would make Albuquerque. :)

Safeway Kingman sounds good.

First night Albuquerque.

Second night Oklahoma City/Tulsa area.

Third night could be St. Louis area, would like to find some really good BBQ while in the area.

Depending on how everybody is feeling will determine when we stop or push through.

Scott

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gas in Kingman, hahaha, I was thinking we would make Albuquerque. :)

Safeway Kingman sounds good.

First night Albuquerque.

Second night Oklahoma City/Tulsa area.

Third night could be St. Louis area, would like to find some really good BBQ while in the area.

Depending on how everybody is feeling will determine when we stop or push through.

Scott
I was thinking you didn't have to fill up in CA, if you can make it to Kingman, it will probably be a buck +++ Cheaper. I guess it's Flying J right off exit 53 that is 2.09, I can swipe my card for everyone and get another 3 cents a gallon off. One block off of 40. They also have pretty good coffee for all you coffee lovers.

Safeway was 10 cent more. I guess it's only diesel that's way cheaper there. I know, I'm being cheap, but if we drive cars that get 65 mpg we might as well go all the way and get the gas cheaper too,lol. 5-10 bucks in your pocket is better than in the oil companies pocket.

Yes for BBQ!!!! I've heard OK city has some great BBQ, maybe a local could chime in. OK city has the beef BBQ! Usually the cheapest gas in Albuquerque is Costco it's at 1.89 right now, nice. Right outside OK city it's Flying J again right off of 40. Been doing that route for a while now, had my stops all planned out.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me. Chin-up was previously Desert Tracker, prior to the security breach.

·
Registered
74 Posts
mrchinup, I didn't see you registered. Please go to this sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IYEmWDc21GlFc9ByyHs7fq2UKodKNE823mqFU1mENKI/edit#gid=0

and complete your registration. I added you on line 73 for the sake of completeness. Please go to this sheet and vote or poll your meals:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/hybrid-socials-events/93177-insight-fest-list-your-meals.html
Thanks Jime, my wife is coming too, she eats like a bird though. Most of the time just coffee in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Me. Chin-up was previously Desert Tracker, prior to the security breach.
OK, but I don't see either person registered? What is Desert Tracker current screen name? I'm a dummy, but I'm missing something here;)

Not necessary to have a screen name of course, but eventually everyone has to be registered.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Ops, now I figured it out. The way you spaced and punctuated Mr. Chin-up faked me out:(

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't do it to fake you out. Some type of auto correct issue with my device.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Ah, it is a case when the electronic device "thinks" it is smarter than the human in the loop:D

Sorta like the computer HAL (advance each letter by one character getting IBM) in "2001 -A Space Odyssey."

·
Registered
165 Posts
Jeez!
I was really hoping to roll out with you guys. I didn't anticipate you'd be leaving on the 19th though! Unfortunately, I can't spend that many days away from my business just yet.

I'm tempted to head up to the I-40 and just join you guys all the way to ABQ on Friday. I'm pulling my engine and rebuilding the tranny this weekend so ABQ and back would be a good test drive!

-Mitch

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
Go for it Mitch. We would really enjoy your company.
We have to be there early for the "work crews".

Willie

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heard from Klinkenputzer and he can't make the caravan and will be leaving Sunday or Monday the 21st or 22nd.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
If you guys stayed on 40 until you hit Nashville, I'd ride up with ya. It would cost you an extra 3 hours, but Nashville hot chicken is worth it!

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you guys stayed on 40 until you hit Nashville, I'd ride up with ya. It would cost you an extra 3 hours, but Nashville hot chicken is worth it!
Let me pole the guys in the caravan and see if they would like to do that.

It would also add one more to the caravan.

Scott

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Scott, if there is a head-count for this group passing through Oklahoma City, I can make the reservation at the restaurant for Saturday evening.

Looking forward to meeting up for an InsightFest preview.

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
Which restaurant?

Willie

1 - 20 of 39 Posts